Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Modest Mouse / Brand New Tour • Page 6

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Mar 31, 2016.

1. kidinthebushes

Trusted

My show was the fourth on the tour and the first show they didn't play it then. Lucky me!

2. NationalPhenomenon

Regular Prestigious

OF COURSE. That sucks. =\

3. kidinthebushes

Trusted

They did play Quiet Things at Riot Fest 2013 (the first time I was supposed to see them) but it was so cold and rainy that I left before their set.

4. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Oh wow I guess I did see it then.. I don't remember them playing it but I just saw the setlist haha

5. OdeToTheSun

Ø

Sent ya a message!

6. Mélange

Regular

So I have to go to Plan B:

These four tickets are now for sale. PM me if you're interested.

7. thisisnotbrianm

Regular

My friend has 2 Tampa tickets for sale. Section 14 Row U, $75 for the pair. Hit me up, I'll connect you with her!

8. AFNjeff

Brand New just walked off stage in Tampa. They played:

Sink
    Gasoline
    Millstone
    Noro
    Sic Transit Gloria
    I Will Play My Game
    Tommy Gun
    Degausser
    Jesus
    Luca
    At the Bottom
    Sowing Season
    Play Crack the Sky
    You Won't Know

NationalPhenomenon likes this.
  9. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

Hell yeah I hope to see one of the leaked demos in Dallas

10. himynameisdakota

Regular

Tonight was pretty awesome. I reallllly hope this wasn't the last time I'll see BN..

11. NationalPhenomenon

Regular Prestigious

Sucks that Limo got the ax, but I'd certainly take the live debut of 1996 for it. I wonder if Isaac requested it for his birthday. Did Jesse say anything before or after they played it?

12. AFNjeff

All he said was something along the lines of "When these songs got leaked, we said these songs aren't ours anymore. Turns out they were, so we're gonna play 1 or 2 of those songs."

13. AFNjeff

The video backdrop displaying the Brand New 2000-2018 graphic at the end of their set had me feeling some kinda way

14. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

I would killllllllll to hear them play 1996 in Philly next week. It's my favorite of the demos.

I don't awnt them to cut Limo for it though.

15. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

AAAAAAAAGH 1996!!!!! Oh they better keep this on in Maryland, I wil freak out. I'm bummed to see that the new songs are gone from that list, but I will take the trade if necessary. That and Nobody Moves are the only demos I need to catch, and I never thought that one would be played. Oh please please keep it for a few sets!!

16. I had no idea Isaac's birthday is a day before Jesse's until my friend posted about it! So, happy birthday to Isaac and Jesse!

17. Darth Annihilus

Regular

Nightmare was on the Brand New setlist tonight but they started 10 minutes late so they skipped it.

Modest Mouse setlist

This Devil's Workday
    Satellite Skin
    Bury Me With It
    Invisible
    Lampshades On Fire
    Missed The Boat
    King Rat
    Tiny Cites Made Of Ashes
    Float On
    Night On The Sun
    Pups To Dust
    Paper Thin Walls
    Be Brave
    Broke
    Dashboard
    Fly Trapped In A Jar

18. NationalPhenomenon

Regular Prestigious

How confident are you in that Modest Mouse setlist? Setlist.fm seems to contradict what you posted. If they played Broke, that's awesome.

19. edquin

Man that was a great show last night by both bands. Never cared much for modest mouse, always thought they were good just never took the time to listen to them but after seeing them live I definitely will start now.

So great to hear 1996 live. Went to see Brand New end up leaving with three Kevin Devine records haha. I mean I bought a Deja vinyl and a floral cross shirt too but yeah.

NationalPhenomenon likes this.
  20. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

My girlfriend started balling her eyes out haha

21. NationalPhenomenon

Regular Prestigious

Another recording of 1996 has popped up. It includes Jesse shedding some light on what the song's about at the beginning.

kidinthebushes and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  22. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

So we had seats about midway back in Atlanta and then some random young couple asked if we wanted to take their front row tickets since they were there just for Mm.

I said yes. Now me and the wife are waiting up front row for Brand New.

23. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Andy Hull did Play Crack the Sky with Jesse tonight.

24. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

I'm mad because Chorus' Twitter account aka @Jason Tate spoiled it for me that they were playing 1996 the show or so before haha. Still though, it was a great surprise to get that song and something I predicted(sorta) they would do this tour considering the demos officially came out. I did do a physical fist pump/punch when Jesse said "this song is called 1996".

I had a blast at the show last night. I had never heard Noro before live so that was awesome. The outtro for You Wont Know was incredible, and of course PCTS with Andy Hull was great.

BTW, @Garrett L. we might as well meet up at on of these ATL shows since we seem to always be at the same great ones, ha.

25. Is anyone selling tickets for Philly?