Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Modest Mouse / Brand New Tour • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Mar 31, 2016.

1. bored6

/r/modestmouse is worse than /r/brandnew. The amount of bitching and high horse bullshit you read there about this tour is insane. I love both bands but it's like most of the people over there are dividing it into two teams only. It's pretty odd.

2. kidinthebushes

Trusted

That would make too much sense.

marceting and Knifeparty like this.
  3. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I don't think we should be looking at how many songs each band is playing each night. How much stage time does each band get? If the songs being played are different each night, the number or songs might not correlate to the length of the set.

4. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Huge yes to this. Two full sets should not equal 15 one night and 18 when they close. If it really came down to time and it was equal we wouldn't see these numbers change... And I was really counting on seeing a super long BN set. This tour was only like $20 cheaper than The Cure a few weeks ago, I feel like more should be going on by both bands.

5. Vincentbiz

Resident Type 1 Diabetic

My favorite part of seeing Modest Mouse is how much of a mixed bag their setlists are. Last time I saw them, they played Fly Trapped in a Jar as the last encore. AND IT WAS FUCKING EPIC. One of those songs I never thought I would hear live since they hadn't played it the other 5 times I've seen them since that album came out.

6. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, I've seen them 3 times (this will be my 4th) and the setlist has been similar each time but they always managed to throw in at least 1 or 2 oddballs that made it exciting and fun.

7. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I will be a little disappointed if Brand New doesn't open with Soco Amaretto Lime.

8. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Same. For some reason I always end up at the shows where it is listed but not played. I've only heard it once and that kills me!

9. NationalPhenomenon

Regular Prestigious

Was at the Red Rocks show. Modest Mouse played for about 70 minutes. It looked like they might've been setting up for an encore, but something must've changed. The band was seen huddling on the side of the stage. After about a minute or two of waiting around and techs seeming to set up their equipment (not turn it off or take it down), they turned the house lights up and the band left the stage.

As for Brand New, they played for about 70-75 minutes before leaving the stage. The encore lasted about 20 minutes or so. This seemed to match how SLC ran, which even saw Brand New with a one-song encore listed on their setlist, but left unplayed.

10. Derek

Get stung

Just got into Illinois. Hour outside of Chicago. Pumped for tonight

Attached Files:

11. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I have two tickets for the Atlanta show in trying to sell. If anyone wants to purchase a pair at face value, message me. I have physical tickets so transferring them will be hassle free. Let me know.

12. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Brand New came on 10 minutes late. They were supposed to start at 7:15. They didn't start sound check until then. Not surprised. And they opened with Sink.

13. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Sic Transit Gloria, I Will Play My Game, and Okay I Believe You back to back to back was pretty cool.

14. kidinthebushes Jul 2, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 2, 2016)
    kidinthebushes

Trusted

They did play I Am A Nightmare but not Mene. And they didn't they play The Quiet Things which I was really hoping to hear. They've only played it once the three times I've seen them. They did play for 1 hour and 25 minutes. At the end of their set they did display the Brand New 2000-2018 banner.

15. NationalPhenomenon

Regular Prestigious

Was it comparable to SLC's set, minus Mene?

16. kidinthebushes

Trusted

More or less. They didn't play Soco, Quiet Things , or Mene. But the other songs were the same just need a different order.

17. Derek

Get stung

I think vin was pretending to be shinsuke nakamara at the end

NationalPhenomenon likes this.
  18. TrailerParkJesus

OG

Any posters at the merch tables?

19. SoundwaveUproar

Regular Prestigious

Cannot wait for the NYC show. It's been way to long since I've seen Brand New and I'm thrilled they've got vinyl there.

20. kidinthebushes

Trusted

There one smaller tour poster. I believe Brand New was selling their shirts for $30.

21. TrailerParkJesus

OG

Is it a print of the layout picture? Or just a paper one?

22. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Not sure. I didn't get close enough to the merch table.

23. NationalPhenomenon

Regular Prestigious

It's a print.

24. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

For months I was excited for this show, but for some the excitement died down and now I've been thinking about selling my ticket to the Pittsburgh show. I don't know what happened to me.

25. sunshift

The shows tonight. I'm out of my mind stoked.