Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Modest Mouse / Brand New Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

It's surprising that they aren't doing any of the Leaked Demos more now that they have officially been released well in that second set they did do Brothers. I saw them on back to back nights and checked all their sets and yeah looks like this tour will be the same. Brand Old.

2. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

looks like the set is a little different, the encore (according to Twitter) was

Play Crack The Sky
    Mene
    I am a Nightmare
    You Won't Know

3. Derek

Get stung

Wheres the party at for the saturday night show? No way i'm paying $15 a beer at the venue but we should have a blasty blast before/after/both

4. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

BN closed the show last night, so I bet the set they played on night 1 is their set for when MM closes, and the set they played yesterday is their closing set.

5. kidinthebushes Jun 30, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 30, 2016)
    kidinthebushes

Trusted

I thought they might play at least one since they officially released the demos on cassette.

6. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Not sure how I feel about the changes to the MM setlist. Will be interesting to see upcoming sets over the next month before my date.

7. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Same, I really want to hear Bukowski / Best Room but I don't want to give up World at Large / The Ground Walks / Good Times are Killing Me

"Stats" about the two setlists so far, for those who care:

Modest Mouse played 15 songs as an opener versus 18 when they closed, and 7 of the songs on those set lists overlap (Ocean Breathes Salty, What People Are Made Of, Lampshades on Fire, Shit in Your Cut, This Devil's Workday, Dashboard, and Tiny Cities Made Of Ashes)

Brand New played 15 songs as an opener (though the setlist allegedly had 16 with Sealed To Me as an encore) and 18 as a headliner. Of the songs on those set lists, 14 overlap. They added Luca, Archers, I Will Play My Game, and Play Crack The Sky and only took out SoCo.

8. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Interesting that they didn't play either Float On or Cockroach on night two. Would like to hear Dramamine even though I've seen them play it before, but I think I've seen most of these songs live anyway...

9. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Damn I'm torn because Brand New's second set is better (although Soco as an opener would have been cool) and I don't really like the Modest Mouse second set

10. bennjeff

Regular

Honestly since it is billed as a co-headline tour I wish they would each play an equal number of songs no matter who is playing first or last. I'll enjoy the show either way though so it won't be a huge deal

DejaMoi likes this.
  11. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Just realized that brand new also replaced You Stole with Sink last night

12. mercury

modern-day offspring fanatic Supporter

Anyone here going to the NYC date and not received their tickets in the mail yet? I've had a lot of problems getting tickets mailed to my current address and haven't gotten mine yet.

13. kidinthebushes

Trusted

14. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

So over them being cryptic about this.

marceting likes this.
  15. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Cryptic? They have said a handful of times now that they are breaking up soon and there's even merch with the date that it's happening, I think it doesn't get much clearer than "we're done"

16. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I expected one final headlining club tour after the album comes out but these guys have always done things their own way.

17. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I would say releasing merch and saying random sound bites while still announcing tour dates and new music is cryptic. 2018 is at least a year and a half away, there's no need to say, "We're done," at the beginning of a huge tour and not just be up front about it. It's obviously not how they've done things pretty much ever, but saying that an album is or isn't coming out, one or two tours are happening, and that they will always love us and cherish us blah blah blah wouldn't be so hard.

marceting likes this.
  18. kidinthebushes

Trusted

But that's what they've always done. They've never been up front about anything.

19. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Which is exactly why I said I'm over it.

marceting likes this.
  20. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

I've only been a causal fan of Brand New, but god damn does it seem exhausting to be a hardcore fan of theirs.

21. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Exactly. I like their music but never got into them heavily like my fiancée is. They've always toyed with their fan base way too much and everyone gets incredibly defensive whenever one points something like that out.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  22. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

The toying with the fans is what annoys me the most probably. It's just crazy to me. Seriously props tho to those who've stuck with them for all this time. I just know I couldn't do it.

23. dylan

Most-liked person on chorus Supporter

KC show tonight, I'm stooooooked

24. fluffyjdawg

Regular

So Brand New's longer set has nothing off YFW? ... I hate these guys sometimes, haha.

I'm probably in the minority here, but TDAGARIM is my least favorite release from them.

25. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Chicago is only the second date that will have Brand new opening. I'm curious if they will have the same setlist as the first show.