Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Modest Mouse / Brand New Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Mar 31, 2016.

1. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I love Float On, but I wouldn't be at all disappointed if they replaced it with an older song.

2. heartbeatsbrain

Regular

I saw Modest Mouse at Summerfest in Houston. The set list is pretty much the same. As a fan of their older music, I am happy that Doin the Cockroach is in there.

3. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I also don't care very much about Float on, I think their only "popular" song I'd be bummed if they didn't play is The World At Large. I'm hoping they add Bukowski or The Best Room at some point too.

4. Kaitlin

poop

Did anyone get a chance to see what merch Modest Mouse had?

5. fluffyjdawg

Regular

This tour will be my first time seeing Brand New. Do they usually stick with the same set-list, or are they the type of band that switches it up? I looked up their set from last night and am honestly not very impressed. Luckily Brand New is closing my date which should mean they play a few extra songs.

6. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Looks like Chicago is sold out. No tickets available on Live Nation.

7. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I can't remember the last time they did a tour without making any setlist adjustments or having at least 2-3 rotating sets. I wouldn't expect a complete overhaul of the set as this is probably the closest thing to a "standard" brand new setlist but a couple changes are likely to happen

8. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Really bummed that the closer IS getting a longer set. I would give anything to swap the order in MD. BN wasn't closing any of the shows anywhere near me and I at least got a pit ticket, but ugh. I was hoping they would really go outside the box and give both bands an encore. That setlist from BN is pretty disappointing too. I was hoping they would really go crazy for this tour. Opening with Soco into Mene will probably be the highlight for me. I'm dying to hear the new stuff, but not too many surprising choices from the other albums and none of the demos anymore.

9. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Brand New usually averages 17 songs on a night they headline, so I don't think there's gonna be a huge difference in set length but I guess we'll see tonight.

10. paperlung

there's no place like my room Supporter

If the weather is nice it's a great view of the city. If I recall correctly the pit is on a slight gradient so you can see regardless of where you stand. I think as far as sound and stage setting, it will feel similar to their performance at Ommegang, which was outstanding. Downsides, all food and beer at the venue is expensive.

11. Derek

Get stung

Yeah I head the beer is like 15-17 bucks. I immediately looked into getting one of those liquor pouches

12. bennjeff

Regular

I'll be perfectly fine if the Brand New fans decide to leave after their set at my date since Modest Mouse is closing. Modest Mouse usually mixes up their sets pretty well the last few tours so I'm sure they will on this one as well. I too am curious about the various merch for both bands at the shows

13. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

According to @brandnewrockfan on twitter Sealed To Me was on the setlist as an encore but wasn't played

[​IMG]

Also here is Brand New merch, also courtesy of @brandnewrockfan, they apparently had TDAG, Deja, and the I Am A Nightmare 12" on vinyl

[​IMG]

14. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I will hopefully finally get to see Quiet Things... Set is pretty good I wish they were playing Sink instead of You Stole. Otherwise its basically just a typical set

I'll probably grab the I Am A Nightmare shirt and vinyl

15. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

One more update from twitter: The ending of limousine sounds incredible

16. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Huge disagree on You Stole! That's one of my absolutely favorite choices for this tour, and Sink will always be low on my list.

17. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah my girlfriend agrees as well haha I love Sink

18. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

I wish there was a better shot of the merch

19. Kaitlin

poop

and any info at all about Modest Mouse's merch :/

20. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

I can't go back and look right now but it seems like its roughly the same merch from the Canadian tour and there was a photo posted in the Brand New 2016 shows thread or the Brand New Canadian tour thread.

21. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It looks like they have more to me from what I can tell/see.

22. Kaitlin

poop

Nevermind on the Modest Mouse merch, found it finally on Reddit/Imgur

DejaMoi likes this.
  23. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

Looks like we are about to get a different brand new set from tonight, just saw a video of them doing "I Will Play My Game..."

24. Colin Your Enthusiasm

Most likely just the second set they were doing on the canadian tour. I will be VERY surprised if its not.

25. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

i would definitely be OK with that, it's been a minute since I've seen them perform Luca / Archers
    Edit: someone mentioned they played "Play crack the sky" so I think you are definitely right.