Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Modern Baseball, Kevin Devine, Sorority Noise, The Obsessives Tour 2017 Tour • Page 4

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by josh-, Jan 4, 2017.

1. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Damn that's really unexpected. Hopefully time off helps them all out. Really didn't expect these guys to disappear any time soon

2. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I hope Kevin Devine still does a tour around this time then

3. btr

Trusted Supporter

Sorority Noise says they'll be announcing a spring tour in the following weeks

Scott Siegel likes this.
  4. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Kevin Devine I feel like won't do anything now unfortunately

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  5. Scott Siegel

I don't know if it was THAT unexpected given Brendan's past.

6. Joe4th

Yeah, from the sounds of it he won't be able to get a tour lined up for spring

teebs41 likes this.
  7. kidinthebushes

Trusted

We were recently informed that our upcoming tour with Modern Baseball, Kevin Devine, and The Obsessives would be cancelled. Modern Baseball has announced that they will be taking a break to focus on their mental health and we hope for the best for their individual futures as people and as friends.

That being said, we will be on the road in the spring, and hope to be able to announce our plans within the coming weeks. Please stay tuned as we’ll need your support and your ears.

8. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

bump

9. somethingisme

Always glad to see people putting mental health first. Reading between the lines of that post from Jake, though, I wouldn't be surprised if the band ultimately breaks up. Lots of past tense.

10. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Is Kevin Devine friends with these guys? I was surprised to see his so 'matter of a fact' statement of tour being cancelled due to 'Modern Baseball's decision' and he didn't seem to really offer any support. It was a vastly different statement than Sorority Noise who offered their best wishes to the band.

He even had to later defend his statement on Twitter.

11. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

I see the band going away for a long time, then they will come back and be about 3x the size they are now.

12. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

seemed out of character for Kevin, He was probably just frustrated at the tour cancellation.. I would expect an actual apology at some point..

I personally think he was just writing a message to his fans and just letting them know that it was out of his control

13. Joe4th

Kevin didn't mean anything bad by it at all and he's already clarified it on twitter. Last person people should be going after

teebs41 likes this.
  14. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I agree with this for sure, still seemed out of character for him not to offer condolences to the band

15. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Yea I think we're really overreading Kevin's tweets here. As he explained, he was just laying out the facts. It's twitter, so you only get 140 characters. He was trying to explain as best he could. Just because he didn't elaborate on the details doesn't mean he held any grudge against MoBo.

16. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I saw Kevin's post on Instagram, he had typed out a statement on a note and posted the picture (so you can't really say he only had 140 characters)...he also tweeted later "It is also a layered & complex situation with real & immediate & difficult fallout for a bunch of people, myself & my band/crew included."

I'm not going after Kevin at all, I was just surprised at the bluntness of his original statement on Instagram. I'm sure he supports them, but is also disappointed that he's missing out at this opportunity. Both can be true.

17. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

To be honest I don't even think most of Kevins social media posts come from him. You can tell the ones that do though

18. Collins

Trusted

kevin's got a kid right? this is probably a big blow to him financially, the tour seemed like it was going to do good numbers. i'm sure he sincrerely feels for the MoBo crew too though.

i was getting so pumped for this yesterday literally right before the announcement dropped. i hope the time off gets mobo back into good health and happy spirits

19. kidinthebushes

Trusted

[​IMG]