Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Modern Baseball, Kevin Devine, Sorority Noise, The Obsessives Tour 2017 Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by josh-, Jan 4, 2017.

1. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

So, I don't follow Modern Baseball (looked in this thread because Sorority Noise and Devine), and maybe I'm missing out on some recent news or something, but if I'm gathering some of this correctly, Modern Baseball is catching flack because they're touring with all 'white dudes'??? Why aren't ALL bands catching the same flack then? Pretty much every single show I go to is 'bands with all white dudes.'

Does that mean I have something against women or minorities? Of course not.

As for adding a local to the show, I agree with the people who said four bands on one bill is already pushing it. Personally, I typically just go to shows for the headliner and call in advance for exact settimes so I know exactly when to show up (I do check out openers in advance and if I like what I hear, I'll go early).

2. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Likewise! I'm also interviewing Andy and Tyler at the NYC date (same day that Blacklist comes out) so that'll be a blast. Get ready for an entire interview based solely on Andy's ridiculously awesome hand tattoo!

jjnunn118 likes this.
  3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

yeah i guess. it's a bad situation as a whole at this point
    brendan did tweet about this back in november, about being bummed and regretful about this lineup. so we'll see.

jjnunn118 likes this.
  4. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Modern Baseball is catching more flack because they're very outspoken about diversity and other issues relating to women's rights in the scene. This is kinda being seen as them not backing up all their talk.

They still are doing a ton of good for the scene and great dudes, I don't think anyone is saying otherwise. Just that they could, and should, do better.

5. cwhit

all bands SHOULD be catching flack, this is a problem in the whole scene in general and something that should be gone on more. the reason why this is being talked about more is because modern baseball made it a point last year to make sure to have representation in all their tours.

read this article: The MoBo Movement

not to mention all the other bands on the bill are very socially conscious and i'm sure they have similar concerns. this might be the first all white male tour that is actually aware and upset that their tour is like this, which is at least sort of a step in right direction.

6. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah it's pretty nice. I don't think it will sell out quickly but it might end up selling out. It's a 1,000 cap actually. Last time MoBo played Columbus they did like 650 tickets I believe? That was also before Holy Ghost and the little boom they got from P4k and all the other indie mentions. I think there will be a lot of people coming up from Cleveland and Cincinatti as well so I would expect a sell out or at least close to one, but not until we get closer to the date.

7. ChicagoBowls Jan 5, 2017
    (Last edited: Jan 5, 2017)
    ChicagoBowls

!!!!

I wish they booked in GA, more people would come to the show than AL.

As for the diversity thingy with MB, It's ehh. Too many time has been spent addressing the issues, and not so much actually making situation better. A lot of bands want to talk, ain't no one wanna put their necks out there for it. Until a band does that, my disposition on the issue will be the same.

8. chris

Trusted Supporter

can someone explain to me, as I really only have a cursory understanding of how bigger tours like this are booked, and since Bren was dreading this as far back as November: was the lineup decision here completely out of their hands or?

9. cwhit

Based on his messages, they definitely had some say.

10. Behind the Barricade

Seeing that all 4 bands are under the same booking company, I'm guessing the tour was booked without their say. I can see the band ask to include more diverse groups and was denied. I can see that being the end of that "fight". Again, purely speculation but if you're the headliner of a tour playing these larger clubs, I'm pretty sure they could've fought way harder and got their way.

11. cwhit

Brendan posted that he could have tried harder and didn't

G. Jordan Norris likes this.
  12. cwhit

13. chris

Trusted Supporter

yeah I'm kinda gleaning that now reading down his TL and interactions with people on Twitter

14. Behind the Barricade

There we go. Case closed.

15. chris522

Trying to buy Presale using MOBO for Sayreville and it says sorry error w code. Another code or the presale is sold out?

16. kidinthebushes Jan 5, 2017
    (Last edited: Jan 5, 2017)
    kidinthebushes

Trusted

That was the presale code for the Chicago show.

17. TMS2787

Trusted

Check the bands or the venues twitter. They may have posted it. I thought they where all the same but I guess not.

edit: if you go to the soundrink pre-sale no password is needed

Sound Rink | The Ultimate Artist Experience

18. G. Jordan Norris

Kevin Devine & The Goddamn Band will not be playing the North Carolina date (it is Kevin's baby's birthday)

Really wish Slingshot Dakota was on this tho

19. Cole

Comic Sans personified

I went to the TWY/RF/KP show there and it was a pretty cool place. It sold out and was pretty cramped I will say though

20. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Sorority Noise announced a new album.

21. abear182

Regular

22. cwhit

that really sucks, i feel really bad for the band. glad they're doing what's best for them.

curious to see what the other bands decide to do

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  23. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

could kevin devine, sorority noise and obsessives fill those venues?

24. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

^I hope they do something. I'd still easily go to this show to see Kevine Devine & Sorority Noise (don't really listen to the obssessives)

dylan likes this.
  25. cwhit

absolutely not

venues already cancelled shows

I expect a sorority noise/obsessives/non male band member tour