Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Modern Baseball, Kevin Devine, Sorority Noise, The Obsessives Tour 2017 Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by josh-, Jan 4, 2017.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

yeah i believe it too. mobo has talked about it a lot. this is all on booking agents and i'd actually be curious if mobo will say something about it. i'm sure they at least want to

2. cwhit

3. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Yeah for real all bands on this tour are good people. No sweat here

local_corn likes this.
  4. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Really wish Diet Cig was on this tour

Edit: to be fair, I wish Diet Cig was on every tour.

5. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

The Goddamn Band isn't a fixed group of people right? Maybe there's hope we could see some diversity in Kev's camp. It doesn't fix the problem altogether, but it'd be a nice gesture.

6. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I think he has permanent members now. It was two brothers on this last tour and he made it sound like they'll be sticking around.

7. cwhit

diet cig would be so great on here omg haha

8. TMS2787

Trusted

I looked at pictures and can see what you mean. It looks cleaner and nicer as well. Lol. Do you think it's going to sell out "quickly"? Every single Bravo show I click "going" / "interested" in they always say something like that and always say "tickets selling fast" "this will sell out". Lol. Just curious your thoughts. I know MOBO is pretty big but will they sell out a 700 cap room? I love KD a lot but I think we know he's really not a factor on this selling out or not.

9. cwhit

MegT585 likes this.
  10. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

11. cwhit

"boycott" isn't the right word. there isn't going to be a widespread organized plan to not go to these shows. the people who think this lineup isn't good enough won't go, just as anyone else would.

i do think it is important that the bands mention things during their sets, and at this point i think that's likely.

12. Behind the Barricade

I'm sure they'll be discussing this everywhere they go and that's good. Would it help Brendan's case if he listed all the bands they reached out to but couldn't do it for whatever reason? Would that help extinguish some of these flames on Twitter? Honestly, they should have local openers that the band chooses that does represent the minority groups. I'm not sure if Slingshot Dakota was asked to do this tour (I'm guessing no by the replies) but it would be cool to have them play one or 2 of those shows.

13. cwhit

i don't think they reached out to anyone tbh. all these bands are under the same booking agency, i bet this tour was planned entirely in house

also local openers are a bad idea, this tour is basically already a four hour show, lol

14. Behind the Barricade

Ahh that makes sense about being in house. No need to split the profits on a potentially profitable tour. Also, these venues are gigantic. I'm sure they can use another 50-100 tickets from a local opener. The show can easily be:

Doors: 6
    Local: 630-650
    Obsessives: 705-735
    Sorority Noise: 750-830
    Kevin Devine: 845-930
    Modern Baseball: 945-11

If you stay for the entire show, it's 4 1/2 hours (I'm guessing with these venues, unless you're camped out, you won't get in until 630 anyway). It's really not that bad for a 5 band show. It's possible to do. I see the show having somewhat of the same set times I posted without the local opener. If people are going to be at the show at doors, why not fill up 20 minutes of that waiting period with a local?

15. cwhit

5 band shows should never happen unless every band is playing 30 minutes. even four band shows are pushing it with those set times.
    also a local opener absolutely won't draw anyone to this bill that wasn't going to come in the first place. nobody would spend 25 bucks for a 20 minute set for a local opener, that won't be what convinces people to come.

16. Behind the Barricade

But it happens...quite often. I'm sure a fan of 2 or more bands on this bill won't complain at all. It's a chance to discover new music instead of being on their phones. I'm not starting an issue or anything, I just really don't see the problem with that.

17. cwhit

making shows longer won't really affect anything except for perhaps wearing people out, i can barely go to shows that last more than three hours anymore haha. plus i don't think a majority of the crowd would even be there for the first band anyways at that point

18. jjnunn118

I have no dog in this fight since there's no NW dates. But they should absolutely add a local or something. Brendan is on twitter saying they should do something, well they absolutely can. Add locals with Women/POC/LGBTQ+ members, bring along a 5th band like Slingshot Dakota. Do something other then say "we'll do better next time".

When a Falling In Reverse tour has more female representation then you, something went wrong.

cwhit likes this.
  19. cwhit

the problem is a five band bill is way too long. at this point it's too late anyways.

20. Behind the Barricade

Haha I kind of figured it was a personal reason and I'm on the same page with you. Long shows do suck. Unfortunately, we're the minority of concert-goers that feels this way. Also, the majority of the crowd won't be there for the first band but that happens with every show. It doesn't matter if it's 3 bands or 5 bands. Then again, if you throw the local on the show, how many of them are family and friends that are just going to see them play and then leave soon after? Being in and out of local bands for years, I've seen this happen numerous times depending on the headliner. Obviously what's done is done and if this tour is very successful, it'll continue being this way.

21. cwhit

well yeah, this tour will do well. and hopefully well enough that these bands talking about the issues on stage may actually affect some people and make some real change. at this point that's the best we can hope for

22. Behind the Barricade

Hahaha Katie Cole fucking rules and Dangerkids as a whole are some of the nicest people I've ever met. I do owe them a lot especially Andy for having my old band's backs against a douchebag lead singer of a one hit wonder band.

jjnunn118 likes this.
  23. jjnunn118

Too long for people like us, hell I fell asleep during Knuckle Pucks set on that 5 band TWY tour that just happened. But something needs to be done and I'd rather see a long ass 5 band bill with diversity then a 4 band bill with none.

24. Behind the Barricade

Very true. We'll see what happens after the first few shows. Modern Baseball has great intentions but I don't think they wanted to bite the hand that feeds (even though they're the main draw).

25. jjnunn118

Basically the only reason I'm going to that show haha, band rules so hard!