Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Modern Baseball / Joyce Manor / Thin Lips Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Mar 31, 2016.

1. kidinthebushes Mar 31, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 11, 2016)
    kidinthebushes

Trusted

[​IMG]

5/25 - Nashville, TN @ Exit/In
    5/27 - Houston, TX @ House of Blues
    5/28 - Austin, TX @ Emos
    5/29 - Dallas, TX @ Gas Monkey Bar N' Grill
    5/31 - Phoenix, AZ @ The Pressroom
    6/01 - San Diego, CA @ House of Blues
    6/02 - Santa Ana, CA The Observatory
    6/03 - Pomona, CA @ The Glass House
    6/04 - Los Angeles, CA @ The Echoplex (w/ The Hotelier, Told Slant, Loone)
    6/05 - San Francisco, CA @ The Fillmore
    6/07 - Portland, OR @ Hawthorne Theater
    6/08 - Seattle, WA @ Showbox
    6/10 - Salt Lake City, UT @ The Complex
    6/11 - Denver, CO @ The Summit Music Hall
    6/12 - Lawrence, KS @ Granada
    6/14 - Minneapolis, MN @ Mill City Nights
    6/15 - Milwaukee, WI @ The Rave
    6/16 - St. Louis, MO @ The Ready Room
    6/17 - Cincinnati, OH @ Bogart's
    6/18 - Cleveland, OH @ Agora Theatre
    6/19 - Toronto, ON @ The Opera House
    6/21 - Pontiac, MI @ The Crofoot
    6/22 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Altar Bar
    6/23 - Boston, MA @ House of Blues
    6/24 - New York, NY @ Irving Plaza
    6/25 - New York, NY @ Irving Plaza
    6/26 - Philadelphia, PA @ The Fillmore
    6/28 - Baltimore, MD @ Baltimore Soundstage
    6/29 - Richmond, VA @ The Broadberry
    6/30 - Carrboro, NC @ Cat's Cradle
    7/01 - Orlando, FL @ Beacham Theater
    7/02 - Fort Lauderdale, FL @ Revolution Live
    7/03 - Tampa, FL @ The Orpheum

2. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Going to CLE but probably will go to Pittsburgh as well since the venue is only 600 cap compared to CLE's venue being 2,000

3. Taco-King

Taco Enthusiast

4. cybele

set our hearts ablaze Supporter

Super stoked about the LA date. I'm just a little unclear as to how they'll actually run it since the venue is technically two venues (The Echo/Echoplex) but as far as I know they aren't actually connected, you have to leave to get to each one. So who knows how they'll do it.

5. Ben Buchnat

Whatever. Forever.

Way too hyped for this, although I have to go to Milwaukee since there is no Chicago date.

6. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

i think (i read somewhere) that the echoplex is downstairs from the echo. idk where the stairs are. i've been there a bunch of times and have never seen anything that looked like stairs. but we'll find out!

7. cybele

I've never seen stairs there before! They might be outside to connect the two venues, now that I think about it. I'm just excited that we got the double show.

8. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

I got tickets for the girls to see them in Boston (House of Blues). I didnt get one for myself, which is fine. I can sit down the road and drink or something.

9. AtomZook

there is a way to get from the Echo to the Echoplex - it's in the outside smoking/bar area behind the Echo. only did it once to go to a dance party downstairs after a show at the Echo. it's usually guarded/closed/blocked/whatever. I imagine they'll keep that open for this show.

cybele likes this.
  10. cybele

That makes sense. The more I think about it it totally would work to have stairs connected to that smoking patio. Thanks!

11. Collins

Trusted

The Austin date is a supershow with Say Anything, Mewithoutyou, and Teen Suicide. So excited.

12. TylerCrouse

Regular

this is gonna be awesome love modernbaseball but how is joyce manor they good live havent really listened to them

BelieF likes this.
  13. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

They're the best. Definitely check them out before the show

14. arcjesseh

Really hoping I can go to this. Sucks that im the only one of my friends to listen to Modern Baseball and Joyce Manor. I need to know more people that can recognize how amazing these dudes are.

15. cybele

Go to the show on your own!! I've given up on relying on other people to go to shows with me tbh.

16. monrovian

This. I realized this a while ago and haven't regretted missing shows because of it, no matter what you end up doing between bands.

17. cybele

(Posting this in both threads.)

It looks like I'm going to have one extra ticket to the Los Angeles show at the Echo/plex on June 4th. My friend doesn't look like she'll be able to make it out. It's not 100% available yet but I wanted to give the people here a heads up in case someone wants to nab it. Just looking for around face value, I can meet up at the show and give it to you right there. PM me and I can let you know if/when it's a for sure thing.

18. permanentann

we'll kick it when I hit the ground

I goofed and bought tickets to the Bogart's show in Cincinnati before I realized it was during my family vacation, so I have two tickets if anyone wants to buy them at face value. Really bummed I'll have to miss it because this is the first time Joyce Manor has come around in years and I haven't seen them yet.

19. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

they're going to have a hotline on their upcoming tour with Joyce Manor where you can text their tour manager directly if you feel uncomfortable for any reason. really great idea. can't wait to see this on all tours.

20. MattNCheeze

Trusted

1st night of tour begins today and I'm excited as its in my favorite venue.

Excited to pick up Holy Ghost on vinyl.

21. Collins

Trusted

The setlist for this is INSANE. Too bad my date is a super show with Say Anything. I'd much rather get the full 21 song MoBo set then the condensed 14-15 version we'll probably get in Austin.

22. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

That MoBo set is awesome and completely different than I would have expected.. Can't believe they're not playing The Weekend though. That's always my favorite part of the set.

Joyce Manor's set is fucking awesome. So glad they're playing that cover, I used to love seeing them play it and they always kill it.

Super excited for this and might go to Pittsburgh too

23. MattNCheeze

Trusted

Fun show last night. Pleasantly surprised how good Joyce Manor sounds live. Good crowd, no one was being too stupid.

24. Raul Perez

Junyah54

I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up making its way back into the set over one of the deeper cuts.

25. Raul Perez

Junyah54

Anybody get a pic of the merch? Mobo or joyce Manor.