Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Modern Baseball - Holy Ghost (May 13, 2016) Album • Page 9

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Aaron Mook, Mar 23, 2016.

1. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I still have yet to listen to this. Haha I'm so lazy

2. Outside of the obvious candidates (opener and closer, the singles), I looove "Note To Self"

Justin Roux likes this.
  3. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

breathing in stereo into apple cider are probably my two favs outside of the closer.

4. Blake Solomon

Mr. Emeritus Prestigious

yeah note to self is a good one. a good come to jesus with himself and as a band.

5. polyfilla

who can never be sure

I feel like this is all anyone is talking about right now. Can't wait to give this a listen later

6. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

first listen. already loving the second half more than the first half.

7. Blake Solomon

Mr. Emeritus Prestigious

it's a tough choice for me. brendan is just so improved vocally for me. im most surprised by how well it all flows

8. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

it's definitely impressing the hell out of me but I like the second half more. can't wait to buy this later tonight.

9. I think Jake's half is more consistent and memorable, but a few songs on Brendan's side hit me harrrd.

10. btr

Trusted Supporter

Besides the opener and closer, "Hiding" and "Wedding Singer" are my early favorites

11. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

Wedding Singer, Note to Self, Apple Cider, and Just Another Face are the tracks I keep going back to

12. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

I caved and listened to the download that came with my preorder. This this is just as awesome as I hoped it'd be. Still can't wait for my pre order to get here tho

Early favorites are the singles, opener, closer, and Hiding. I think both sides of this end extremely strong.

13. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I really like Jake's half but nothing on Brendan's does anything for me except Just Another Face unfortunately.

14. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Interesting, this seems to be the opposite of what most others are saying

15. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Was there ever an explanation for why they decided to do it in halves like they did? I feel like there was an interview posted at some point that spoke to that

16. @Horrorca posted an interview excerpt near the top of this page that mentions it

17. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Whoops, I'm on fewer posts per page. Thanks

18. Haha no worries! Gotta up your PPP game!

19. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I always kinda meant to on AP but never did there either, it makes catching up on threads seem so much more intimidating

20. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I think Brendan's definitely improved, both lyrically and vocally. But I've always been more of a Jake fan, maybe the other half will grow on me.

collin512 likes this.
  21. my review is finished! just need to edit it tonight and hopefully it'll be posted in the next few days!

Justin Roux likes this.
  22. bedwettingcosmo

man i could put these last 5 tracks on repeat forever

local_corn likes this.
  23. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

I gave it a play while out for a walk but it seems I'm not the only one finding this album underwhelming.

24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I was expecting Jakes side to crush Brendan's but Brendan really stepped his game up this time! I love both halves but that second half rips

Can't stop listening to this though. I need Pup and Hotelier to come out so I can rotate it out haha

25. bedwettingcosmo

definitely felt that way initially. took a few listens to click