Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Modern Baseball - Holy Ghost (May 13, 2016) Album • Page 8

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Aaron Mook, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Haha, I definitely feel weird transitioning between the two (just as I might going from a nice ribeye to a car window), but who cares. People get different things out of different music B-)

2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

3. cwhit

well on a second listen of wedding singer i'm realizing how weakerthans this is. of course, without the superior vocals and lyrics. band has always really taken from them but yeah, this song is one of the biggest similarities i've heard

4. TheVandyMan

Please stop deleting my custom title Prestigious

The back half is definitely Killers worship, but given how the band covers the Killers with some frequency, I guess I wasn't too surprised, haha.

5. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

After not caring for the last one at all, I was pleasantly surprised by this on first listen.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  6. cwhit

yeah still not feeling this. not aggressively bad like their earlier stuff but i don't care to back to this
    brendan's half is more musically interesting

i posted this before i got to what if, i like this song quite a bit

7. btr

Trusted Supporter

No real surprise that we got another great Modern Baseball record.

8. Craig Manning

I'd say it's more "like they left a meaty and expensive filet mignon out to thaw, and they simply forgot about it."

Aaron Mook likes this.
  9. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

2nd half is doing it for me on my revisit.

10. [​IMG]

Never expected to hear you say something like that, lol.

11. bedwettingcosmo

the last 30 seconds or so of breathing in stereo sounds so killers ish

12. Horrorca

Trusted

never cared for them, but the first two singles were great so I'll give this a try

I also think this was cool and rather bold of them:

13. subplotofcrows

A Grand Scene For A Color Film Prestigious

This was okay. Musically it's a step up but I'm not sure if it's enough to keep me interested. YGMIA I really liked when it first came out, but I don't really return to it. Gonna give this more listens because I think it has potential, but as of right now it's kind of "almost there."

14. Blake Solomon

Mr. Emeritus Prestigious

hey this album is great i wish it was over 28 minutes long though!!!

15. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

The Perfect Cast EP is great. How did I miss this?

16. I want The Perfect Cast on vinyl sooooo badly

local_corn, Brenden and patrfinley like this.
  17. Jeff

Regular Prestigious

I LOVE the two singles, and they got my hopes up super high. But besides Just Another Face, the rest doesn't do much for me.....

I guess that's where I'm at with this band though. They're fun, relatable, and I love 2-3 songs on each album and then never revisit the rest. I like the band more than I actually like their music, if that makes sense.

18. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

I'm shocked by how much I like this. It doesnt overstay its welcome and it feels like they put some genuine emotion into these songs, which I dont feel at all from their past material. Solid little pop-rock/pop-punk record

19. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Really enjoyed this record on my first listen. They've progressively gotten better I think. I've liked everything since finding sports on bandcamp years ago. I'll never rant and rave about them and say they are amazing but I do recommend them to be as I feel they put out enjoyable music.

And to whoever said they like this more than Radiobead even though they know Radiohead is better I agree with you. I'm sure musically and lyrically RH are better than MoBo but there is something about personal and relatable lyrics and music over what a band like RH is trying for that makes the music so much more enjoyable. Probably why I'm 27 and still listen to pop punk.

20. bedwettingcosmo

i dunno the vocalists names but the dude on the 2nd half completely stole the show. only really enjoy 1 or 2 from the first half.

21. Strikegently

close cover, strike gently

Run for Cover just put up download links for people who pre-ordered.

22. Craig Manning

I'm as surprised as you! I think the fact that his vocals are buried a little more in the guitars helps! Haha

Aaron Mook likes this.
  23. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

i dont like this band but i have heard enough positive about this that ill probably check it out later. i hope to be one of those converted

24. If you haven't liked the band in the past and you're checking this out, make sure you don't turn it off before Brendan's half. Whole album changes pace entirely with Coding These To Lukens.

25. Blake Solomon

Mr. Emeritus Prestigious

what's everyone's favorite song? i think mine right now is "wedding singer"