Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Modern Baseball - Holy Ghost (May 13, 2016) Album • Page 7

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Aaron Mook, Mar 23, 2016.

1. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Does anyone else hear Nirvana in Just Another Face?

ECV likes this.
  2. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

You can really hear the Killers influence on Brendan's half. I've listened to the album a few more times since yesterday and it grows a bit on me each time. Not as immediate of a record as YGMIA, but I am really digging it.

ECV likes this.
  3. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

They do such a good job at making their short songs feel like full songs, but it always imagine what it could be like if it had that extra minute or two. I think this albums really good, I just thought they were going to make that step to longer songs.

4. I love this record after not digging YGMIA that much. They've improved so much as songwriters. Really love this band so much.

5. motifsinthecity

Hiding is my favorite on first listen. What a SONG.

6. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

First listen, solid album.

7. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I love this thing. Blew my expectations out of the water

8. Yeah, okay, I was wrong. This album rules. Only songs I'm not totally sold on are "What If..." and "Coding These to Lukens." But the rest of Brendan's half hits fucking hard, especially considering I was going through and still coming out of something very similar to what he described in April. And Jake's half is on point.

ECV likes this.
  9. Anticitizen7

Please be kind. Like actually kind though.

Definitely agree about that Killers vibe, Especially on the closer. I know they're pretty big fans.

10. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Album is taking a bit to grow on me. Dig some songs, others don't do it for me. But I know they will.

11. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

I thought Just Another Face would definitely be my favorite on here, but I think Note To Self might be at the top of my list.

12. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

The intro is incredible.

ECV and Aaron Mook like this.
  13. Jim

Trusted Supporter

the closer tho

ECV and Aaron Mook like this.
  14. I love how this band just gets in and gets out. Very happy with the length of this thing.

15. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

You guys are making it really hard to wait for my vinyl to come in the mail. Really hoping it gets here early. RFC is usually really good with getting their pre-orders out fast

16. Jim

Trusted Supporter

I've listened twice and can already tell this is my favorite thing they've done

17. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

I love Jake's half. Bren's goes by way too fast though. Just Another Face is going to jump onto my favorite album closers list for sure.

18. alert=danger

Eat The City. Eat It Whole. Prestigious

Finally getting to have my first listen to this just now. I'm very excited.

19. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I still have yet to listen to this but I'm hoping to get to it tonight.

20. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Same haha

Jim likes this.
  21. I still don't know if this tops YGMIA for me yet but I'm excited to give it another thorough listen after Radiohead tonight.

22. That's kinda like having a fantastic steak dinner and on the way home deciding to lick your car window.

CoffeeEyes17, Aaron Mook and FTank like this.
  23. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Hahahahahahahahaha fuck.

24. Amazing lol. Eh, it's two entirely different kinds of music that evoke entirely different emotions out of me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Radiohead may far and away be the better band, but the circumstances surrounding this album touch me for a lot of reasons I've mentioned elsewhere. I would never actively compare the two outside of my EOTY list. I'd be interested in hearing more of your thoughts on...well, both albums. Are most of your first impressions being posted in the Supporters Forum now?

25. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

Agree with you wholeheartedly. YGMIA is one of the best records released in the past couple of years for me, and the new Radiohead is boring as shit. Who knows haha.