Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Modern Baseball - Holy Ghost (May 13, 2016) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Aaron Mook, Mar 23, 2016.

1. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Tons of energy instrumentally but very subdued vocals, nothing High.. Very much what that record was all about, also the melody in the verse feels like it as well.. Obviously the tone is very different

2. fyebes

Regular Prestigious

not big on the new song unfortunately. I'll give it another chance later today.

3. Allhailburnzy

Trusted Supporter

This song hits hard after watching the documentary.

4. travisred

Trusted Supporter

Song is pretty sweet, I'm sure it'll grow on me more though. Just got the email about my pre-order being shipped!

Justin Roux likes this.
  5. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Song sounds great to me. Started listening to the acoustic version on repeat this morning, and now I'm super happy with the full band version!

6. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

song and video are both great. Can't wait to see how people react to the rest of the album considering they haven't really spoiled any of the truly amazing moments. (Bren's entire half is just something else)

7. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

When someone says "so and so's half" ... do they just mean the songs that person sings on? Serious question, I'm not familiar enough with the band to know.

8. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

the album is split up into two halves. Jake sings tracks 1-6 , and Bren sings 7-11.

9. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

That's....interesting. I wonder why the band constructed it that way and if that can result in an album that's any kind of cohesive.

10. Emotherapy

Regular

I'm also interested in what went into that decision. Seems like it could only make the album feel disjointed.

11. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Love this track can't wait until next week

12. Song's alright, not as good as the first time imo but I have no doubts this album is gonna rip.

13. it's not

Emotherapy likes this.
  14. Jim

Trusted Supporter

im loving this

15. Emotherapy

Regular

16. This music video is so good. Kyle Thrash has been killing it this year.

17. travisred

Trusted Supporter

Just started getting into the Celebration Rock podcast and just finished up listening to MoBo's interview on there. Super cool conversation. Shed a little more light on some of the stuff Brendan was going through.

18. softanimal

It's my mum's dodge caravan

Probably a stupid question but why are they abbreviated to MoBo?

19. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Pop punk kids are dumb and the band ran with it

20. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

I know it's a little early to be thinking about their next album after this one, but I'm really excited to see what Brendan comes up with for the next album. In the documentary it said something like he wrote his entire half in like a week, and if that's supposedly really good I can't wait to see what he can come up with when he has more time. It looks like most of his songs on this album are pretty short.

21. Peachfuzz

I'll be with you the whole way.

Agreed man. I was pretty deceived when I saw that on iTunes...
    Still, I just realised how short Sports and You're Gonna Miss It All actually are, and I really love them.

22. Album's about the same length as the last 2, band is no stranger to short songs. Chloe K, profile pic, look out, etc all short.

23. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Hate hate hate "MoBo"

24. Horrorca

Trusted

loved the first two singles, but I think the new song is lame - the lead guitar melody is weak AF

just when I was starting to get hyped...

25. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

The new song is solid, but not a patch on the other two that have been released. Still excited for this record.

The new Broken Beak song is awesome, though.