Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Modern Baseball - Holy Ghost (May 13, 2016) Album • Page 25

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Aaron Mook, Mar 23, 2016.

1. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Got Holy Ghost on.

Can these guys PLEASE reform either by or at Riot Fest next year. I think I'd cry haha.

JM95 and teebs41 like this.
  2. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Man. What happened to this band? I've been spinning this record non stop the last few days. They were on such a high music/popularity wise that I'm shocked they decided to essentially call it quits

3. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Several members focusing on their mental health is much more important for them to do and I applaud them for doing so.

4. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I couldn't agree more.

5. hmm

not holding my breath but I am lowkey hoping this is true

6. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

We need this.

7. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

I miss them dearly

8. Not sure if I believe that but I'm here for them if and when they come back

9. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I just don’t believe it cus I know Brendon tweeted not long ago that he was not doing very well and it’s hard to imagine he would be adding this stress to that all, but who knows. I will continue to hope

10. US Camera

A Humble Snail Prestigious

There is absolutely 0% chance that’s true

teebs41, ECV and matthaber like this.
  11. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah not buying that

12. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Spinning Holy Ghost again. I love this album. Perfect lyrics, perfect music. Hits me hard every time.

13. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

The quote below comes from an interview with Kevin Lyman the other day where he discussed Warped Tour as a whole as well as bands he wished could have been on the tour.

Kevin Lyman needs to shut the fuck up. He's just pissed off he couldn't get Modern Baseball on his stupid tour. If they didn't want to be on the first time, and gave a clear reason why, then maybe you shouldn't have kept asking them year after year. I also disagree that they could have been one of the most massive bands out there. Emo punk or whatever genre they are bands rarely, if ever, make it MASSIVELY big, and besides, they had a fairly large (for their genre) dedicated fanbase, so...?

[​IMG]

Carrow likes this.
  14. Allhailburnzy

Trusted Supporter

Kevin Lyman coming with that "ok boomer" energy

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  15. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Lyman is such a goddamn tool. Endlessly ashamed there was a time in my life where I admired him for creating Warped Tour.

Joe4th likes this.
  16. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

I think MoBo did pretty well on their own without Warped. And they only stepped away for their own mental health. Who's to say they wanted to become massive? Whatever that means in this scene.

Carrow likes this.
  17. who is interviewing Kevin Lyman in the year 2019

18. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

To add on, he was talking about bands breaking out of their shell and touring with different bands or branching out and doing things they normally wouldn’t associate with such as Warped, which is dumb. Bands can do whatever the fuck they want, as long as it makes them happy.

Carrow likes this.
  19. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

If anything Modern Baseball benefited by not doing Warped Tour

Allhailburnzy, Carrow and smowashere like this.
  20. Kevin Lyman handwaved predatory behaviour or flat out swept it under the rug on his shit package tour so I hope he fucking chokes.

abcdefg123, Anthony_ and Joe4th like this.
  21. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Fuck Kevin Lyman.

Man, I really wish we’d get a MoBo reunion.

22. ccsc918

existing

Stopping by to just say I miss the fuck out of these guys, Their music was really special. Hope they do a show together eventually. Man these guys are important to me, growing up and facing similar situations as described within their music. Mobo was something really special to me and to a lot of people and forever will be. Whatever forever

23. SamLevi11 Mar 1, 2020
    (Last edited: Mar 2, 2020)
    SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

"It's been three whole years of me thinking about you every day"

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  24. EOTCDXVI

Regular

Me too man. I'm 25 and have held off on getting any tattoos, but just made an appointment to get a MoBo tattoo next week. I miss the hell out of them.

25. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Revisiting this today for the first time in a long time and damn it holds up. Really, really good album. Slaughter Beach Dog just kind of doesn’t do it for me the way this does.

smowashere likes this.