Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Modern Baseball - Holy Ghost (May 13, 2016) Album • Page 21

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Aaron Mook, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Major bummer, hope he's getting the help he needs. Very cool to see everyone stepping up for tour. Been on a big Sports kick lately myself.

2. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

What happened on that tour?

Wrong. Both bands are great.

Regardless, I hope he gets well soon, I love this band and his mental health is the priority over a tour, not matter what.

3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

looks like a hiatus

4. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Daaaaamn this sucks. Hope Bren, Jake, Ian and Sean are all okay, and take the time off they need. Fantastic band, probably one of the best in the scene right now, and I was at their last show on Saturday and it was absolutely incredible.

5. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

On the plus side, the last time this happened we got the Perfect Cast EP so hopefully they take some time off and maybe write some great jams.

6. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

It's a bummer, but I'm glad they're doing what's best for their mental health and know when it's best to step away

7. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

On a selfish level, that post makes me really nervous, just because it sounds like they're really not sure about the future of the band. Of course, I care most about the health of the members of the band, who have given us so much of themselves already. I could never ask for any more. I hope we'll hear from them again sooner than later, but until then, I wish them all the best.

Collins likes this.
  8. travisred

Trusted Supporter

I'm a little disappointed, but also glad they aren't running themselves thin. No need to trash your mental health just to tour.

9. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Love these guys and have had a lot of awesome times seeing them and listening to them over the years

Will be missed for sure

10. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Damn, well I'm glad they're exercising some self-care and I sincerely hope they all find whatever rest and healing they need. Holy Ghost was a big album for me last year, and it's particularly special for me because it's the album that finally won me over to the band after previously disliking their other two full-lengths. Situations like this are always a bummer, but they need to do what's best for them, and it sounds like they just need some space to breathe for a while. I'm sure they'll be back at it again before too long.

11. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Just sounds like they're taking a break to me. Good for them, hope they're okay

12. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

Ahh my heart. I love this band so so much. As long as they are doing what they feel is right for them, I'll be supporting them.

13. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

As long as the guys are doing everything they need to do to be healthy, that's all that matters. Hopefully they take the time they need to be well and then return at some point, though. Their voice will be sorely missed as champions of mental health, tolerance, gender equality, and the defense of assault victims in this scene.

14. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i don't think they will totally disappear even while being on this hiatus

15. Barresi

Spooky Space Kook Supporter

Man, what a bummer. I was just getting really into these guys, was looking forward to Boston Calling. I'm sure it's for the best, though.

16. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Love you, MoBo. Get well soon.

17. Modern baseball forever

Collins likes this.
  18. polyfilla

who can never be sure

:verysad::verysad::verysad:

19. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I could be totally wrong in this but it sounds more like burn out than any major issues for the rest of them.

20. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

My friends recorded their new album with Ian awhile back and it's coming out next week/streaming now for those who like Rozwell Kid, The Superweaks, and any band that riffs hard. Signed to a subsidiary of Triple Crown as well

Ugly Mug and teebs41 like this.
  21. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

It's been a little while since I've listened to them, and I made the mistake of doing so this morning. Not really a mistake because I still love them, but I'm just so bummed out again.

US Camera likes this.
  22. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Do we think that this was the end of the band or they are just taking a long break?

23. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I think it will actually end up being the end

24. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Any proof other than your gut? I feel like they toured the album for a year and have been putting out music and touring for quite awhile I can see the need for a long break.

25. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Just my gut. Seems like the band really burned them out and wasn't helpful with all of the personal issues.