Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Modern Baseball - Holy Ghost (May 13, 2016) Album • Page 20

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Aaron Mook, Mar 23, 2016.

1. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Holy Ghost is the only thing I've ever enjoyed by this band but this song is very good.

Guess I'll have to check out that EP you guys are talking about.

ECV likes this.
  2. Jim

Trusted Supporter

The EP is my favorite thing these guys have ever done easily, followed by HG.

ImAMetaphor likes this.
  3. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Yeah I'm going to fully admit that it's a probably time and place sort of situation for me, but I really love this song, probably more than anything from Holy Ghost even. I was at about the lowest point I could be in a day and now I've played this song 4 times in a row.

4. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

For me:
    YGMIA >> Perfect Cast >>>> Holy Ghost >>>> Sports.

But I enjoy it all.

5. I love Sports to death but I don't think it would resonate with me the same way if I heard it for the first time today. Album was huge for me in 2013 and was the perfect soundtrack for going away to college.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  6. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

Sports is still easily my favorite. I pretty much listened to it on repeat from a month straight after it came out and it never really fell off. Same with the two songs from Couples Therapy, especially Its Cold Outside

7. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Holy Ghost is their best imo but I do miss some of the fun they had on previous releases

8. yohanmustdie

Oh, give us your money!

this new song rules

9. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

In all honesty, Sports has a few standout songs (The Weekend, Tears Over Beers, Re-Do, Re-Done), the rest is good but I can't honestly say I revisit it too much, and I consider Modern Baseball one of my favorite bands. You're Gonna Miss It All and Holy Ghost are both pretty much perfect albums for me, along with The Perfect Cast.

SamLevi11 likes this.
  10. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Brendan has pulled out of the UK tour for mental health issues. Hope he gets better of course.

Wonder how they'll perform some of the songs now?

11. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

This happened back in 2014 and Cam from Sorority Noise filled in for him and it was awesome

12. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i remember that set being horrible, haha.
    i also don't remember cam doing it that show too

13. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I wonder how much the NA tour backlash caused this?

14. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

It was awesome at my show haha but you also didn't like them so that's probably why you didn't enjoy it. Pretty sure he did it the whole tour

15. Collins

Trusted

Exactly. Alpha Kappa was so good and to not have anymore Jake songs really weighed down that release for me. Kind of the same thing with Sports. There's some really good songs on there but it's way too Brendon heavy. And I love Brendon, but Jake's melodies are always stronger to me.

16. cwhit

at that point i was still into a few earlier songs, haha. i just remember them being really boring on stage

i actually found the full set haha

cam didn't really do vocals though

17. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

sorority noise and old gray suck ass why would anyone expect him to do a decent job

18. MegT585

Trusted

I was thinking the same thing.

19. cwhit

sorority noise live is a fun time, i generally like a couple songs per record for a little bit. cam is a really good live frontman so at the very least i would expect more energy and the set to not be boring

20. devenstonow

Noobie

he even made a (non NFG) show/opening set at the House of Blues feel energetic. except for the douches who felt the need to consistently yell about how they went to HS with him

21. cwhit

oh yeah, definitely. sorority noise allows him to be energetic and wild and command an audience, that mobo show i went to was before i even liked any sorority noise music and they blew me away. TMP was by far the worst band on the bill and even they were energetic live. mobo compared to those two fun bands and how good seeing the hotelier for the first time was just made mobo seem lifeless

22. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Sorority Noise is always fun live. Seen them twice now I think and came away surprised at how much I enjoyed them both times.

23. btr

Trusted Supporter

People were absolutely terrible to him on Twitter so I'm guessing it must have caught up with him

24. cwhit

this thread is starting to teeter a line i'm not sure i'm comfortable with here

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  25. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Nor would Brendan be, I'm sure.

cwhit likes this.