Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Modern Baseball - Holy Ghost (May 13, 2016) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Aaron Mook, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Anticitizen7

Please be kind. Like actually kind though.

This album has been moving up on my most anticipated list as the year goes on. I was a big fan of Sports and You're Gonna Miss It All, but for some reason The Perfect Cast EP didnt really impress me, ill probably have to go back to it. The new songs sound amazing and the interviews are getting me excited too. That documentary really hit home for me so now im emotionally invested in this album too.

2. Horrorca

Trusted

yeah, the doc was pretty moving - songs sound great too

3. I can't believe this is the same band that made Sports - this album is lit

4. Jim

Trusted Supporter

i need this tho

5. Documentary was really great.

Also Sports is so good. Album oozes sincerity.

6. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

This band has yet to release a song that I haven't fallen in love with from Nameless Ranger to The Perfect Cast. I can't imagine that Holy Ghost would let me down.

7. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

That documentary just increased my anticipation for this album tenfold.

8. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Finally watched the mini documentary. Really good. Especially the history of the band part.

9. Jeff

Regular Prestigious

So those two songs posted on the last page are miles ahead of anything else they've done.

KidLightning likes this.
  10. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Pre-ordered this and the Hotelier. This is gonna be an emotional roller coaster. That documentary killed me.

11. this album hits me the same way the new hotelier album does

Toner and teebs41 like this.
  12. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Wow, maybe I should actually check this out. I've always thought they were pretty embarrassing, but if the new stuff is really that much better...

13. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

"Everyday" hits me hard. Every single time.

14. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

I liked some of their earlier material but these new songs are fantastic. Very excited.

Also that was a great doc.

15. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

16. Emotherapy

Regular

My most anticipated next to The Hotelier. Doc did a good job of getting me even more hyped.

17. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Wow, as many others have said, that doc and that interview totally changed my view on this band. I enjoyed all their other music, but I've cooled on it a little bit recently and wasn't anticipating this new one too much. Really looking forward to it now.

18. Collins

Trusted

I liked Sports on first listen but wasn't into You're Gonna Miss It All for a long time until finally one day I just did a complete 180 with that album. I'm a big fan of Jake's so I was bummed The Perfect Cast was so Brendan heavy, but with Holy Ghost being a 50/50 split I'm pretty stoked.

19. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

didn't realize there were 2 separate vocalists

teebs41 likes this.
  20. Collins

Trusted

Jake only has 2 tracks on Sports but YGMIA is a 50/50 split. Some of Jake's songs are Tears Over Beers, Apartment, Broken Cash Machine, and Alpha Kappa.

21. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

You're Gonna Miss It All is one of my favourites of the past few years. Love the EP too. This is gonna be great. That acoustic song (think it's the title track) sounds crazy good.

22. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

i didn't listen to ygmia but i'll probably check this out

cooled on sports really quick.

23. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I never knew this either... Really hard to tell them apart

24. Lindsay M

drunk on the radio waves

Ditto. But their "documentary"/whatever you want to call it got me pretty excited about this one.

25. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Technically they all sing at points, but with the lead singers, it's not massively easy but once you realise it suddenly is.

Brenden:

Jake:

Aaron Mook likes this.