Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Modern Baseball Announce Help Hotline

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 25, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Modern Baseball have announced a free help hotline for their upcoming tour in an effort to keep fans save at their shows. If you’re feeling unsafe at a show you can text (201) 731-6626. A video detailing the new hotline can be found below and an interview with Brendan Lukens from the band goes into more detail on MTV:

I feel like enough people were just coming up to us after shows and hitting us up via Twitter in general and just giving us subtle hints or just flat-out telling us that they were having a weird time or an uneasy time at our shows. So after we saw bands like PWR BTTM and Speedy [Ortiz], all these sick bands, do really great things to help their fans out, we thought we could hopefully do something similar.

I love seeing stuff like this.

2. jellyfishfossil

Regular

God bless, Modern Baseball.

Very cool band so it's nice to see them doing this.

3. Thomas Nassiff

i wrote it down for you Verified

really great to install this for a whole tour

4. Love this band

5. Sal Paradise

Trusted

In the past there have been times where I was a bit critical about all the news and posts about show safety... Not because I disagreed with the cause, but because I didn't understand how it would be possible to implement changes. Also because I didn't understand why people( especially women) so often wouldn't say anything or seek help. I received a lot of blame for essentially victim shaming. Which after a lot of research, conversations, and soul searching was completely valid.

Having said all that, this is a great great great idea, and I hope it is successful and can become a widespread plan for bands, and hell even bars and nightclubs. This seems like a very positive step in the right direction!

6. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

This is just brilliant

7. CMilliken

Trusted

Great idea. Hopefully other bands will follow.

8. btr

Trusted Supporter

Great idea, hopefully it doesn't get abused.

9. AshlandATeam

Trusted

I hate that this sort of thing is necessary, but I love that this is being done.

10. xzimbyx May 25, 2016
    (Last edited: May 25, 2016)
    xzimbyx

having something like this is great, but coming from a band still actively involved with jjr it seems hypocritical.

11. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I don't know all the details, but from what was explained in the thread the band doesn't voluntarily associate with him

12. xzimbyx May 25, 2016
    (Last edited: May 25, 2016)
    xzimbyx

jjr posted a photo of them together less than a month ago. =\

i haven't seen anything about their relationship being involuntary.

13. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

:(

14. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

Could someone link me details to the whole JJR thing? I heard a lot about something happening with him, but at the time I was really busy and didn't get many of the details.

15. kennyrules

It seems weird they'd play a show with The Hotelier in LA in this case. When I saw them opening for The Wonder Years JJR approached me because I wore a Hotelier shirt and asked me to burn it. Nothing but animosity between the two, and he "bragged" to me about how he would try to block The Hotelier from touring venues as much as he could.

16. SellOutFunerals

head above water.

I feel like this will be abused to no end.

btr likes this.