Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Moana (Ron Clements and John Musker, November 23, 2016) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jun 8, 2016.

1. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

Saw this last night and loved it. I was impressed w/ Dwayne Johnson on "You're Welcome." Been listening to the soundtrack on Spotify today. More Lin Manuel-Miranda/Disney songwriting collabs please!

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  2. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Yeah this is great. Might need to see it in 3D now.

3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

omgrawr likes this.
  4. michael_gatto

Trusted

Saw this last night and adored it. Seriously so good, potentially my favorite Disney animation in a while.

5. aoftbsten Jan 17, 2017
    (Last edited: Jan 18, 2017)
    aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Finally saw this. Really enjoyed it. The animation was probably the best I've seen in an animated film. The Rock was fantastic, as was Auli'i Cravalho. The music was great, maybe not as memorable as other Disney musicals, but still solid. "You're Welcome" is definitely a standout.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  6. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

yeah this is still so good.

7. watched this lastnight. it was a lot of fun! great animation, and the songs were good, but not amazing.

8. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I preordered this the other day

Also doesn't realize just about the whole cast is Polynesian so that's great

9. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

10. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I always love honest trailers, but I really don't think the Rock sounds too bad in his song. Like, he's obviously not Adele or anything, but he holds his own in that song.

Davjs likes this.
  11. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

He's fine. Perfectly serviceable for a one-song character in a musical. People are just overly critical of the dumbest shit.

Davjs, SpyKi, aranea and 1 other person like this.
  12. I liked the "You're Welcome" song. I'm sure they tweaked it a fair amount in post-production, but I thought he sounded good in the movie. That and of course the Oscar-nominated song were good. Don't really remember the other songs, honestly.

ChaseTx likes this.
  13. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I remember "Shiney" mostly because of Jermaine Clement.

ChaseTx and GrantCloud like this.
  14. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

i didn't realize until a week after watching it the crab was jermaine clement from flight of the conchords, im kinda surprised i didn't figure it out from the song he had.

15. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Did anyone else's theater break out into applause when LMM's name showed up in the middle of the credits?

16. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

yea i didn't even laugh at that video until the very end with the avengers joke

cshadows2887 likes this.
  17. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

The whole soundtrack is great

18. Dodge725

Trusted

Finally saw this and it was really good, but pretty standard as far as Disney animated films go at times to it's detriment. The cute, silly animal sidekick trope resulted in a dumb chicken that I found to be grating and annoying the entire film and the very quickly resolved problems that really only serve to tell a few quick jokes (Maui's hook issues) were things I could have done without. I liken this to Marvel movies where they are both very formulaic, but it's a tried and true formula so the movies will turn out great and entertaining, but there's not much special when you've seen it done before. That's why films like Zootopia and Winter Soldier, which do have new and creative elements make a bigger impact to me personally. I still enjoyed this and Moana and Maui were absolutely fantastic characters, but I wish the movie around them was as fresh and interesting as they were.

19. cshadows2887

I loved the chicken. He was borderline abstract. Dude had no actual purpose and was so outright bizarre. It cracked me up.

coleslawed, Davjs, GrantCloud and 2 others like this.
  20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

the chicken was voiced by Alan Tudyk who should be in every movie

21. cshadows2887

He's pretty much been Disney's Ratzenberger since Lasseter took over.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  22. Seigfried

FKA The Celibate

Or does he?

At the very least he was a humorous break from the sidekick norm. She even tries to take the charismatic pig out into the ocean at first but that fails

23. Davjs

Trusted

I made a video!

Also I know it's old news, but yeah the honest trailer is not very good. I did like the Lilo and Stitch call out though, as I've always loved it and feel it's under rated. I've had the pleasure of watching this a ton with my kids and Your Welcome is their favorite song.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  24. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

25. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

that is a distant best thing to ever come out of an eminem x ed sheeran joint