Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 96

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I wonder if Rousey’s career in the WWE is more or less lucrative for her than the UFC.

2. If they book her well she will make just as much if not more. Little kids will buy her merch like crazy. I’d argue WWE marketing is typically better than UFC.

carrytheweird likes this.
  3. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Maybe I'm just being pessimistic, but I can't help but to think that this would have been MUCH bigger news if she made this jump back when she first thought about it during that Wrestlemania event...before she had two embarrassing losses and two long bouts of silence. It'll still be huge for her, but I just haven't heard anyone even bring her up since she lost the title.

4. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I get what he's saying, but both Heavy and Light Heavy are barren wastelands at the moment. If they put three title fights on the card I'll side eye it, but I don't really see the next logical step for both DC and Stipe.

Can't be that hard haha

5. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Yeah, that's why I was a little irritated he took what I said out of context. I don't support "superfights" at the cost of sacrificing the divisions - but there is literally nothing on the horizon for either guy in that weight class. That's why "think past stage one on this" (as he said) doesn't apply here. This is DC's last year fighting - do you shelve him the entire time because there is no interesting fight for him at LHW? And don't even try to sell me Manuwa.... if either guy wins, you're in no worse shape than when you started.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  6. Analog Drummer

Regular

Anderson Silva popped again. 8yrs. Damn shame

7. Send his ass to Rizin. Get Vitor over there as well. Load em up on roids.

8. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Officially done with him too. Too many times, you're an asshole if you get popped this many times and don't give a shit. Letting down everyone that ever supported you in the sport.

9. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I can't tell, but it looks this was the result/sentence for the last time he got popped... I don't think he got popped a third time? The reports and headlines are all over the place.

10. Analog Drummer

Regular

Yeah think you’re right. It’s the result of an oct27 test. Whether that’s the 2nd or 3rd I’m not sure

11. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

"Former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva tested positive for methyltestosterone – a synthetic testosterone – and an unspecified diuretic prior to UFC Fight Night 122, according to a recent report.

Silva’s reps are pushing for a reduced suspension following the ex-champ’s second failed test, arguing a failure from January 2015 was not under the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency and shouldn’t be considered when deciding his punishment. Silva (34-8 MMA, 17-4 UFC) failed an out-of-competition test and was pulled from a fight with Kelvin Gastelum (14-3 MMA, 9-3 UFC) at the event this past November."

It's his second one, not a third. Either way, he faces a 4 year suspension AKA he's done.

12. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Sigh, Anderson just go away.

13. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Max injured and out of the fight with Edgar again... I swear, if they do Aldo/Edgar 3 and then Aldo/Max 3...

No real easy choice here other than letting Edgar fight Ortega for the next shot. Pretty unfortunate for him to have two swings at Max and both fall through.

14. Analog Drummer

Regular

God damn it. MMAand injuries.

Whittaker appears to be getting better

15. Apparently they’re trying to do Cody-TJ rematch to be the main event. Cody accepted the fight but TJ says he doesn’t deserve a rematch and he wants DJ. Just give him the rematch.

16. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

TJ straight up refusing to do the rematch. Wants DJ in July.

17. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I can't say I blame him. I have kind of grown out of the "anywhere, anytime" attitude they expect fighters to have while simultaneously treating them like garbage. It took him a lot of time and effort to game plan for Cody so of course he's going to need more than a month.

18. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

TJ was wobbly in that first round toward the end, and I think if Cody had kept his cool he’d of retained his title. If TJ Beats DJ, and I don’t think he will, I think Cody has a good shot in a rematch.

19. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Yeah that fight is 50/50 for me. I think each guy wins half the time. TJ is just slightly smarter with making reads and baiting people into things, but Cody still has all the tools and attributes to beat anyone.

I think the shorter the training camp, the more it puts TJ at a disadvantage for that reason.

20. According to Helwani, Frankie/Ortega is a done deal .

UFC is still trying to get a title fight on the card to keep it a PPV. Otherwise it'll become a fight night or be cancelled

21. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Props to both of those guys for jumping on that fight. I'm sure Frankie needs a payday considering he hasn't fought in quite a while.

22. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Diaz is in talks to face Woodley. For once I’ll be rooting for Woodley in a fight.

23. That's such a bad bad fight for Nate.

24. Analog Drummer

Regular

Nate doesn’t deserve it after just wanting Conor fights for 3yrs. But hey. The public know his name now

25. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Nate will get thrashed by Woodley.