Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 87

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

I love Derrick Lewis

2. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Max/Jose 2 does not move the needle much for me.

Diego Sanchez, please retire.

Clay Guida has always been a favorite of mine, good to see Alpha Male helped him on this.

Sucks that Pettis got hurt, but he's starting to look like a man without a home. He can't seem to get past the 155 contenders and 145 is certainly out of the question.

carrytheweird likes this.
  3. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Diego is one of those guys that I knew several years ago, once that chin cracked for the first time, he would get KOed over and over. He's almost too tough for his own good because he should have been done a while ago.

4. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Bisping to retire in March at UFC London.

5. Nate Diaz v Woodley is a rumor that will piss everyone off but has me excited.

6. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Can't say I have any strong feelings towards that either way, but I mean, who do they really have at Welterweight that makes any more sense right now? RDA/Lawler is about it unless you want to gift Till or Covington a shot. Wonderboy is kind of out of the question even though he's the most "worthy".

7. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I don't see Diaz/Woodley being competitive, like, at all. I'd probably pick Woodley to sleep him fairly early.

8. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Me either, which is the biggest downside to this whole thing. Nate got wrestled to oblivion by Benson so I can only imagine what Woodley would do to him. He could not land a single punch of Tyron really wanted it that way.

9. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I don’t understand the desire to see Nate fight ever. He’s had a handful of ok wins compared to other fighters in his division, but the only thing he ever has to brag about is his win on McGregor. Regardless of matching weight, his frame and body posture alone would allow Woodley to wrestle the life out of him. The only lanky guy I think that could stand and strike Woodley is Wonderboy, and he couldn’t finish him.

10. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

#MMA

Analog Drummer and carrytheweird like this.
  11. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

So Holm/Cyborg was "dead" and now it's official for 219. Was there any in between or did that just happen out of nowhere? I've been out of the loop

12. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Came to their senses and realized they have to pay these ladies eventually.

13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

If you are into fighters turned wrestler

14. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Askren wins, wish we could have seen him against some stiffer competition, but hats off to him.

scottlechowicz likes this.
  15. Swoos Nov 25, 2017
    (Last edited: Nov 25, 2017)
    Gastelum called out Whittaker after his win.

Not sure how they’ll handle the title picture here. GSP says he will defend against whoever is next. Is that Whittaker? He wants to fight in his home in February. I could see them doing GSP there. Or maybe Weidman? Then have the winner of Weidman/Whittaker get the title shot.

Then you have Romero and Gastulem go at it for a later title shot. That’d be a cool matchup too.

But then you still have Rockhold. Such a stacked weight class right now.

16. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

It's pretty crazy how many contenders you have. They even lost Mousasi and still have more than enough to have an interesting title picture for the next year. Any of the top people will make for a good match up. Kinda want to see rematches of Rockhold vs Weidman/Jacare.

17. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Idk if there is anything sweeter than seeing Bisping lose 2 in a row. :)

18. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I had a strong feeling Bisping would get stopped considering how badly GSP hurt him and then choked him unconscious. Regardless of the turnaround time, that shot from Kelvin probably would have stopped anyone.

19. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I was thinking the same thing, but I think it showed that Bisping wasn't 100%. He was very flinchy, seemed very afraid of getting caught and ultimately wound up having just that happen.

20. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I agree, and then beyond that, you don't really know where else he was mentally. I would imagine just losing your title a few weeks ago could probably make you a little over eager to get back in the win column. Trying too hard to hit someone when the opportunity isn't there will cause you to overextend on some punches (which was what got him countered).

21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

22. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Pretty happy to see people like Joe Rogan speaking out about how Bisping's support team failed him. He shouldn't have been fighting after being rocked and submitted just a few weeks prior, no matter how good his camp was.

23. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

24. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

25. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted