Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 82

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. I don't think we'll see any title changes at MSG

2. So if UFC introduces the 165 and 175 weight classes would Woolley get to pick which class he moves to as champ? They wouldn't take the belt from him right?

I'd imagine he'd go to 175. If all that happens, who do you guys think would go for the 165 belt?

3. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Conor would go for 165 in a heartbeat. That guy doesn't want to defend a belt ever.

I'll edit though: Ferguson, Khabib would probably move up, they're on the bigger side for lightweight. RDA could probably hit 165 if he wanted. Either Diaz could slide in there, but probably Nate.

carrytheweight likes this.
  4. I was thinking they'd make Nate v Conor 3.0 as the inaugural title fight for that class.

5. Steve_JustAGuy Sep 15, 2017
    (Last edited: Sep 15, 2017)
    Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I don't know how close they are to making new divisions, but yeah, that fight would make sense.

Perfect scenario: They add weight classes while scaling back on total number of events. Stacks cards a bit more, gives the roster a little room to breathe without stretching themselves thin.

6. Hall just lost round 1 10-8 and then got the TKO in round 2.

7. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Fun card on Friday, Saki looked rather impressive all things considered. OSP with that damn choke again.

8. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I'm in the minority of Rockhold fans, but I was happy to see him have a win.

9. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

He's so smug and I love him for it.

10. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

That question mark kick is awesome too. He's pretty accurate with it.

11. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I wouldn't say I'm a "fan" of Rockhold's but I feel like the division is a much more boring place without him. haha. He really stirs shit up and he's also really really good.

12. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Ngannou and Overeem is going to slap. Nothing gets me excited in this sport like a good heavyweight scrap.

13. That card also has Gaethje v Alvarez and possibly Holloway v Edgar

Should be sick

14. And I saw Dooho Choi called out Aldo. Please make that happen.

15. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Potential for quite a bit of violence.

16. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

SPICY

17. finallyyyyy!!

carrytheweight and Swoos like this.
  18. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Glad Condit is giving it another go. Easily my favorite fighter. I still need to see Condit vs. Wonderboy before it's all said and done, though I hope his chin is still there.

19. It’s obvious Lee is trolling everyone right?

20. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Unreal Kevin Lee talks about having to cut 20 lbs, and now he currently has 2 minutes left to weigh in... Wooooow, if he's trolling, he's got some balls.

Edit: Annnnnd 156... but he's able to come back within the hour soooo he should be fine. Yikes though.

21. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

That is if the doctor clears him to even try....he looked like absolute shit on that scale as it was.

22. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

23. Mrk_Brdshw Oct 6, 2017
    (Last edited: Oct 6, 2017)
    Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I was assuming he would be cleared since it was only one pound. He seemed confident even though he was pretty drained. This is just weird.

Edit: Annnd we're on!

24. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

YIKES

25. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Sure cut it close didn't he?