Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 81

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Agreed on everything above, but it was a very unorthodox boxing match. A lot of disrespectful moves on both sides, strange amounts of grappling. Mayweather turning his back and bending over? Conor consistently trying to throw hammer fists?

It certainly delivered on entertainment, and Conor did land some super impressive punches. But I never wanna watch him box again. Please defend your belt.

2. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I watched this at someone's house right in the middle of downtown through a project in their front yard with like 40 other people. It was quite fun.

carrytheweight likes this.
  3. Iain

Regular

In the UK it was shown in some cinemas and they turned into brawls. Some looked potentially better than the actual fight they were there to watch!

4. eagles1139

Regular

Actually felt pretty good about the fight afterwards. Always felt like Floyd knew what he was doing but McGregor made a good account for himself and didn't get humiliated. The actual outcome was about what I expected but for all the ways it could have gone disastrously ugly I felt it was a positive showing for all parties

5. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I have an absurd amount of people on Facebook claiming the fight was rigged. If you have to fix a fight between a boxer who is 49-0 and one that is 0-0....lol

6. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Fuck Ray Borg so hard. I can't believe this happened to Mighty Mouse. Ugh. I'm so angry. Dude can't get his shit together.

7. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

While I agree it sucks to see him pull out, I think his camp doesn't want to admit it's due to a weight cut. This keeps happening and fighters are getting sick trying to cut weight in such un healthy ways. They need to either add weight classes or stop acting like 1 pound of water weight changes fucking anything in the fight. They're gonna wait until somebody dies and at that point the UFC will have left a bad taste in everyones mouth from ignoring the real problem.

scottlechowicz likes this.
  8. I have no clue who Alex White is but he just destroyed that dude

9. I really don't like Nunes

10. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Valentina clearly won that fight. Robbery

11. I’m glad to see RDA back on the right track

12. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Magny and Saffediene is a pretty solid first two fights at ww. Dos Anjos is still a beast.

13. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

With Woodley on ice for a bit, I wouldn't mind RDA v Lawler.

14. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I'm more than anything looking forward to Garbrandt vs Dillashaw. The feud needs to come to an end. Plus I wanna see if Cody is as confident against him as he was with Cruz.

15. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Looks like Jones' win is now a No Contest after his B sample came back positive. Kind of hoping they just give Cormier the belt back. What a roller coaster.

16. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Please for the love of god somebody take the belt away permanently from that goon.

And I 100% am done with Jones too after this. Couldn't care less what happens with him from here on out.

17. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

A 'no contest' in any other situation would mean the champ retains the belt right? I don't know why Cormier wouldn't get it back, but I can't remember this happening in a championship bout before. But yeah, good riddance Jon.

18. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

You would assume so, it would be like a normal "No Contest" or a Draw so the original champ would retain it. It's just a clusterfuck of getting the belt back to Cormier and everything.

Man, you either have to be really arrogant or not give a fuck to cheat again right after you got off suspension (and frankly, getting lucky with the whole "tainted supplement" excuse).

19. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Yeah, looks like they reinstated him, which is the right thing to do.

This whole situation is so sideways. Both guys handled the outcome of the fight so well. Jon said and did the right things immediately afterwards while Cormier did the same in defeat. And now this. I didn't think it was possible to have more respect for Cormier, but here we are.

20. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Still feel really bad for Cormier though. He is happy about the payday from being champ but he will still never feel like he "won" - and ignorant fans will still call him paper champ.

Also, I just want to point out that a while back you told me "anything can happen" when I said Nunes would not headline a UFC card again after she pulled out last time... Well, sure enough, it happened because the Mighty Mouse fight fell through haha.

21. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Ha! The lesson, as always, is never trust a Dana White declaration.

22. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

"For those of u who give a shit" :crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

23. Can't wait for the Garbrandt fight. I think he's going to repeat his last performance.

24. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Gut says Cody but I'm hoping TJ has a good showing. Curious to see how Cody performs from here on out. His win over Cruz makes you think he's leagues above everyone else but a lot of people were also calling Weidman the GOAT so....who knows.

25. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

How good is the top of 135? Any of those three can beat each other on any given night. Some real depth in that one.