Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 80

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Wonderboy v Masvidal annunced for 217 at MSG. That card is looking awesome.

Bisping v GSP
    Garbradnt v Dillashaw

scottlechowicz likes this.
  2. uhhh JDS got popped by USADA lol

3. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Yeah, if that stays together it's going to be a burner.

5. beat me to it, but i can’t believe it lol. like how could you root for the guy now

angrycandy likes this.
  6. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Wowwwww

angrycandy likes this.
  7. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

lmao

8. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I am so fucking bummed about this.

9. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

The guy is unreal. In the best and worst ways. You can't make this shit up.

What's funny is after testing positive for drugs, getting a DUI, hitting a pregnant woman and fleeing the scene, getting pulled from 200 for getting popped after taking a "dick pill"....THIS is what tarnishes his actual record the most.

His one positive aspect that everyone respected him for was how naturally gifted he was... Looks like that's gone now.

10. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

dude should be banned for life from fighting

what an absolute disgrace

angrycandy likes this.
  11. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

This destroys UFCs momentum they just gained with his win so fucking bad

12. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I'm no longer a fan. You're done in my book.

13. Time to ban him for life from the UFC

angrycandy likes this.
  14. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

This is unreal.

15. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

As if Conor didn't have the UFC by the balls before, he surely does now.

16. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

The UFC must really be hoping GSP is able to make some waves when he gets back... Otherwise, it seems like they're running out of interesting match ups. haha.

17. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

This Jones thing is such a disaster.

They're not running out of interesting match ups. They either have uninteresting champions (stylistically or personality wise) or guys killing their divisions by not fighting, (Conor) or fighting outside of the rankings (Bisping).

18. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

You know that's what I meant. They're running out of interesting match ups that actually have the potential of happening. Of course Conor or Diaz vs. basically anyone or Whittaker/Rockhold/Yoel fighting Bisping or Jones vs. Gus/Stipe/Volkan are all interesting match ups, but they aren't possible right now for one reason or another.

The UFC and the sport in general are in a weird place right now.

19. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Agreed. I'm all for fighter's using leverage to their advantage, but it does make for a weird situation (maybe not weird if UFC would compensate them better, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯).

20. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Can't believe May v Mac is Saturday. Time flew by.

Joe4th and chris-wrecker like this.
  21. eagles1139

Regular

After the Jones thing....Jesus this could be a scary week for the UFC. Obviously they're making a ton of money on Saturday but god forbid Conor gets hurt -- and despite how the typical Floyd fight goes, this is a real possibility --- then they're in a rough place.

22. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I just feel very weird about MMA in general right now. This is one of the first times as a fan of this sport that I haven't felt some excitement for any upcoming events (besides Saturday). I'm just hoping it sparks something crazy either way because I can't even think of anything fighting related that I'm looking forward to after this.

23. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

So I suspect there were no posts cause the majority of us here are still scratching our heads at that clusterfuck of a fight last night.

24. manoverboard365

Trusted

I thought that was a great fight. Went so much longer and so much more action that most people were expecting.

25. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Better fight than expected. McGregor was fatigued after the 6th round and Mayweather sensed it. McGregor's punches after the first few rounds seemed like he was using 50% power. With that said, Mayweather absolutely needs to retire. McGregor should go back to UFC and thank Mayweather for helping him cash a $100+ million paycheck that he wouldn't have earned in the UFC in a few lifetimes. Will he go back?

dadbolt and carrytheweight like this.