Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 76

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

This trailer is just awesome.

The fight better not fall through. I want this one real bad.

oldjersey likes this.
  2. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

It's funny looking back on that situation with Sage Northcutt. He had strep and could hardly breathe, yet he was cleared to fight. Dana said afterwards, "That was my mistake. I should not have let him fight".

But yeah, I know Dana's word means next to nothing, but it still hurts her image overall which is a shame. Even if she ends up headlining in the rescheduled fight, they could give her the Mighty Mouse treatment with next to no promotion. Not like they have really pushed her all that much as it is. Either that or Dana comes to his senses and forgets about it.

3. Gegard to Bellator :teethsmile:

4. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

That would be a great get for Bellator and a real blow to UFC's MW division.

5. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Coker strikes again.

6. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Damn, I really wanted to see Gegard get a UFC belt. I think he could have beaten basically all of the top guys on the right day. Oh well. I'm glad Bellator keeps snagging more and more top guys.

7. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

Good...he was getting such a raw deal in the UFC. Give me Gegard-Rory this year.

8. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

Has anybody bought a ticket to a UFC event on the day of the event (or day before)?? Do they typically drop based on the event being same day or next day?

I'm going to be in Anaheim with my family and was thinking about trying to snag a single ticket to 214 day of/day before (when I feel like card is going to actually stay together) and am curious if I'll save much by doing that.

If the card falls apart, I just won't go.

9. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

lol Ariel asks if he is going to continue being more outspoken instead of reserved like he used to be, and he goes on a rant about how none of the women are worth watching.... Ariel goes "Well, that wasn't really what I had in mind".

10. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Part of me seriously wonders if these signings are a way for UFC to combat the antitrust lawsuit.

11. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

You mean purposely letting some of their guys go to Bellator so they appear less like a monopoly?

12. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Maybe not "purposely" letting guys walk, but depending on what their demands are just having a firm line in the sand, where in the past they may have been a little looser on these things. I don't think Bellator is out there throwing money around that the UFC can't match.

Then again the lawsuit could have a date range they're focusing on, I'm not all that caught up in it. Or the UFC could just be letting guys walk that they deem expendable, damn what the die hards think.

13. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Or it could be like Mousasi said.... "I don't think the new owners really know what they're doing." haha

14. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Wait, Werdum is sponsored by the head of Chechen Republic?

Fuck that. Glad Werdum lost.

15. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Quite a few fighters a friendly with him.

16. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Gonna make it easier to know which fighters I will root against.

17. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

18. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

19. manoverboard365

Trusted

That Mayweather/Mcgregor press conference was hilarious. I could watch McGregor shit talk for hours.

scottlechowicz likes this.
  20. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I know it won't happen but I want McGregor to win so bad

chris-wrecker and angrycandy like this.
  21. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

22. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

They both lose if no one buys it and they make less money than they expect lol

23. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

24. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

I wouldn't be surprised if every line and insult spoken at these press conferences are rehearsed and pre-approved by both sides. They're trying to cash in. As sad as this is, race is a huge factor in getting eyeballs. I'm only a casual fan, but the most blatant tribalism I see today is when I'm at a party watching boxing/UFC where there's two dudes fighting of different races. It's not even racism necessarily, but a "that guy looks like me so I'm rooting for him" mentality. This is definitely being hyped in part as a racial thing.

25. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

It is pretty dumb, but it can definitely be used to grab more attention. I tried telling people this when Bernard Hopkins kept saying "I will NEVER let a white boy beat me" (and then got knocked out of the ropes lol). People argued with me, but then I said "When is the last time you cared about a Bernard Hopkins fight before he said that?.........Exactly"

a nice person likes this.