Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 69

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Schooner

Trusted

Not mma but still combat sports and I'm sure there's a boxing thread but how good was joshua v klitschko
    HW Boxing match of our generation
    Their courage was only matched by their sportsmanship. First boxing match I've loved in years.
    I actually cheered "it's all over!!!!" When Vlad got knocked down first time I'm so used to MMA knock out rules haha

2. RonandTammy

Regular

I've almost given up on the UFC/MMA in general. For some reason things just aren't the same, and the fighters that I was used to 10 years ago aren't really there anymore. I'll still watch the free cards and sometimes (allegedly) stream the PPV's, but I just don't care anymore.

3. Schooner

Trusted

So is Bisping injured? Why is there an interim? Or is this a Holloway fake interim garbage

4. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Naw. Romero and Spider are just mad that GSP came back and is immediately granted a title shot at 185.

Schooner likes this.
  5. Schooner

Trusted

Ahhhhh yes that makes sense. I can see their frustration (Esperanza with no date set yet is there). But it's M-F'in GSP!
    Does undermine the standings.
    I'd actually prefer
    Silva v GSP tune up match
    Winner fights winner of Bisping v Yoel
    Then give my boy Whittaker any of the 4

scottlechowicz likes this.
  6. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Well, Nate Diaz just said he's not fighting anyone at the moment. Back to regularly scheduled programming.

EDIT: He's going in on it now, nothing like a good Diaz tirade.

7. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I didn't even feel like listening to him whine like every other time haha

8. Schooner

Trusted

Yeah. I'll watch a Diaz fight everytime but I'm not holding my breathe and getting excited like I do for say Jones to return (which I should learn not to do either)

9. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Ferguson's comments about Diaz acting like McGregor's ex were unbelievably spot on.

10. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Yeah, the whole situation sucks. I somewhat agree with Ferg, not like Diaz was setting the world on fire prior to his Conor win.

At the same time, hard to blame the guy when he knows his value has never been higher.

11. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Cejudo and Pettit is off. Cejudo has a hand injury

12. sacrifice

13. Schooner

Trusted

Bisping and GSP cancelled too I think

Jon jones has a fight but I didn't open article as was suspicious of click bait "...you'll never believe who it is and people are pissed!"

14. I think DC/Jones is set for 214 in July.

Schooner likes this.
  15. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Glad the UFC decided not to wait on GSP. Romero should have a field day with Bisping.

16. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Same here, although I did not fault Bisping like most people did. He liked to mouth Hendo since he finally got into that championship spot, and it was the UFC who decided that was the best fight to make. Not Bisping's fault for accepting the grudge match he was offered.

Then he was offered the biggest money fight he could probably take in GSP. Of course he's going to take it; Also not his fault they made the posters and announcements and then GSP wanted to wait until after October.

Schooner likes this.
  17. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

No! That fight was going to be a good one, but it sounds like it was pretty unavoidable.
    I'm with you on that. Never faulted Bisping (or GSP for that matter) just poor timing. I actually thought the fight on its own merits would be interesting, but all the delays and the lead up really left a bad taste for a lot of people. Romero is going to rag doll Bisping now and GSP/Silva has to be the fight to make.

Schooner and scottlechowicz like this.
  18. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

I agree with every word haha.

I was excited for Bisping - GSP. But if he wants to wait until October or November, there can definitely be a fight inbetween.

Schooner likes this.
  19. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Yup, I was looking forward to that myself. It could have had interesting implications for who DJ fought next. Such a shame.

20. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Yep, I was excited too! But yeah, hopefully Bisping really fights Romero and gets that out of the way. I could realistically see Mousasi vs. Whittaker now for No. 1 contender if they're just going to commit to giving GSP some other fight. Bisping is the only winnable fight for him that I could see in the division besides Anderson haha.

21. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Sucks GSP isn't fighting. I'm not a big fan of Bisping, BUT i'm less of a fan of Romero. Should be a good fight, i'm hoping for Bisping.

Schooner likes this.
  22. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Watch them make the Bisping/GSP fight anyway, because...UFC.

Schooner likes this.
  23. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

It's very likely GSP will fight the winner of that match if he truly does make his return this year. Which I honestly think I like a bit better. As much as I don't like Yoel's personality or fighting style, he's deserving of a title shot right now. Mousasi vs GSP for the contender spot afterwards is ideal to me.

24. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Which would be better for all parties. GSP/Mousasi would be a banger and if Bisping survives you can still do the super fight.

carrytheweight likes this.
  25. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Picks for the fights this weekend?

I will be in attendance, so I am really excited that the card is so stacked.

I've got: Miocic, JJ, Masvidal, Rodriguez, Branch, Alvarez.

EDIT: Just checked the lines, surprised to see Masvidal and Poirer as the favorites.