Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 656

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. 333 GANG

ACAB

Start of this fight was something else lol

2. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Nate Diaz!

3. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Damn that was pretty fun. Both guys looked decent given how far they are in their careers. I definitely think Tony was prepared for a different type of fight and was also not ready for 5 rounds considering he even had a short camp.

Watching that fight though, I just kept thinking “this feels exactly like what these guys should be doing… not fighting Khamzat and Leech.”

MikeERayner likes this.
  4. MikeERayner

Trusted

It all worked out exactly how it should have.

5. clucky

Trusted Supporter

So I really don't follow this stuff outside of headlines/watching clips of fight ends but I'm a curious

On a scale between "Definitely didn't happen" to "Definitely did happen", how likely is it that Khamzat missing weight was all part of the plan?

Cause watching his interviews the guy seems like a classic wrestling heel. Just needs to start call himself Allah's favorite champion and he's basically Miro. And it feels like a move that both establishes him as a heel while making the overall event better so like... if Dana and company *were* to be scripting stuff like that's exactly how they would do it.

6. Long Century

Regular

Its very unlikely to be part of a plan by the UFC. Planning to get a fighter to miss weight to then reschualing 3 new fights is idoicy. If the commsion found out they are screwed, if Nate said no im taking my show money and going home, which he 100% had the right to do in his signed legal contract, they are left out of pocket with no headline on an extremely weak ppv on the whim of Nate Diaz

Why would Khazmat agree to this? he signed a contract headlining a PPV to fight Nate Diaz thats already a better deal.

Its much more likely that Khazmat just had a bad weight cut and the UFC scrambled to save the card.

333 GANG likes this.
  7. 333 GANG

ACAB

Zero percent chance. Khamzat would have likely been given PPV points for headlining.

He cuts a lot of weight and is a natural middleweight.

8. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I can't believe there were SIX(!) Catchweight fights on this card. I think it would have been a record even WITHOUT the main card shuffle which only added two of those.

Leech is really the only one who got screwed here by the weight difference, especially since he lost a decision which he probably should have won. The guy was getting fucked ever since he bought that new suit.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  9. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Also, this is pretty funny but also kinda sad. During the main card, they were apparently kicking out as many people as they could so that a hypothetical brawl between teams would be easier to manage. They didn't even let Johnny put his shoes on or take off his gloves before they booted him out onto the streets of Vegas.

10. Holy shit :(((((

11. -deleted-

-

That’s extremely sad news.

12. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Oh my god, this contender series fight was incredible. The guy almost got a standing KO in the first and absolutely obliterated him…only to gas out and get stopped by strikes in the second.

13. Aldo reached an agreement with the UFC and has retired.

was really hoping to see one last fight in Brazil.

one of the best of all time

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  14. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

That sucks, but at least he’s going out while he is still highly competitive. I’d hate to see him stick around and take unnecessary damage. The loss to Merab derailed any realistic change of him getting a title show anytime soon so this is definitely a smart decision if a title fight was his only reason to keep fighting.

15. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Sounds like he’s still going to try to compete in boxing or other avenues so he’ll still be around. It definitely seemed like he was gunning for one more title shot but got stifled in his last fight. But man, you have to say, compared to other veterans, Aldo has looked GREAT even being clearly beyond his prime. He racked up tons of quality wins late in the game which is something a lot of these legends don’t get.

koryoreo likes this.
  16. Something that was kinda brushed under the rug and mentioned in passing

Jiri confirmed Jones is back in December and fighting on that card. And his rematch with Glover hasn’t had a date officially set due to Jones

18. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Excited to see how Bo Nickal looks tomorrow night. The Bellator card on Saturday night is sneaky good too.

19. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Dude is for real. Everything he does looks so good. And he’s finished each of his fights in a different way so he’s definitely not one-dimensional despite having such a dominate singular skill in his wrestling.

20. I don’t think Nickal is going to be getting a Paddy or Suga treatment. He might get a warm up against a vet but I suspect we’ll see him against top 15 competition relatively soon.

Him vs Brad Tavares would be good

21. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

As always, it'll come down to his striking, which has looked good. I wonder how much is power vs guys biting so hard on his feints.

Love the Tavares match up. I'd love Rodolfo Vieira before someone in the top 15. They're spoiled for options with him at this point.

22. Won’t be Brad. But still a good fight

23. Seems like there’s some smoke around a Khamzat/Colby 5 round main event for the ABC fight night card

24. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I wondered that too. That dude last night was absolutely frozen by the fear of the takedowns and got nailed with that overhand.

Steve_JustAGuy likes this.
  25. What the fuck is going on? Media is closed too apparently.