Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 655

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. What is happening lmao

2. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Khamzat is still an absolute animal, but there's always a chance that whatever caused him to miss weight so drastically could mean that his gas tank is also severely impacted by that. Who knows what the hell is going on with that guy though.

Imagine if they go through all of this work and then Diaz just says "Nah, fuck you" and bails completely. I can already hear Dana throwing him under the bus and being like "And this guy wants to start his own promotion? He's completely unprofessional."

3. MikeERayner

Trusted

It’s 7:45am here, and I just woke up.
    Holy fucking shit.

4. Nate/Tony
    Khamzat/Holland
    Leech/Drod

All official Per Dana

LFGGGGG

yeahrightdude and SpyKi like this.
  5. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

yeah this card's value just skyrocketed. i'm so pumped.

6. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

MikeERayner and stvvvn like this.
  7. holy shit what a wild couple of hours

8. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I love how Holland getting into it with Khamzat at the presser was a blessing in disguise. That actually helped to sell that matchup for me and I’m sure a lot of other people feel that way too lol. Feels like we have some real stakes here. Diaz/Tony and DRod/Leech is great matchmaking too so the fact that these were accidental is pretty wild.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  9. Khamzat seems very rattled being booed like that and being the heel lol.

10. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Listening to the pop for Diaz and Ferguson at the weigh-ins got me so pumped for that fight. And it just made me really happy for them to see two veterans get that sort of reaction at all.

Honestly, the drama and circumstances helped build that fight as well because although this match up is still pretty awesome, it’s hard to really sell fights between two guys who are at the tail end of their careers and haven’t won fights in a while.

Victor Eremita likes this.
  11. MikeERayner

Trusted

12. MikeERayner

Trusted

This couldn’t have been more perfect for Nate. Suck shit Dana. The MMA Gods have spoken.

Long Century likes this.
  13. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

not sure who I'd be more shocked to see get a win but I think I'm actually gonna pick Tony tonight

14. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I don’t really know how any of the matchups tonight will go, particularly since they’re all short notice. But if I were to throw some money down, I’d go with Nate and Holland (as a huge underdog, KO round 2).

Obviously Holland is susceptible to wrestling so Khamzat can easily dominate him, but he’s still a wildcard right now. Khamzat has been an absolute mess this week and Holland is going to be talking shit to him non stop. He could very easily get sucked into a striking match if he’s not disciplined, and he does not want to get hit by Holland. I also don’t know what his weight miss means for his preparation.

SpyKi likes this.
  15. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

If Holland can get Khamzat to rounds 4/5 it’ll be interesting to see if Khamzat gasses. He didn’t exactly have the best gas tank against Burns and with an awful weight cut I could see him getting gassed if he fights undisciplined.

16. The backstage “scuffle” that was said to be a “riot” came out for promo stuff by the Ufc

this all seems so planned lmao

17. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

4535CA73-E744-4982-B725-0EF8342A8116.png

18. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Man I am so bummed for Darian Weeks. I thought he was robbed in that decision and most likely won’t get another chance at the UFC for the time being. I know his coach, and it was awful watching his face as they read that decision.

19. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

omg that was so much fun

angrycandy likes this.
  20. Barnett was a massive underdog too lmao. Wild

21. angrycandy

he's a star

22. angrycandy

that was decimation

23. Jailton will be a problem at 205

24. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

That was one of the most unique KOs I’ve ever seen. I thought it was some sort of freak injury or something where she dislocated a rib somehow. That heel was perfectly placed.

25. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME???????????????????????????????????????????