Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 654

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

He did great, just shut Vettori down. Easily one of my favourite fighters.

2. SpyKi

That was a sick main event too!

4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Boxing legend Anderson Silva.

5. Woah

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  6. press conference was cancelled tonight

7. Nate vs Tony is now the main event!!!

8. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Khamzat misses by 7.5 lbs... Sheesh. Nate vs. Tony would be the best option by far at this point. Both weighed in for 170, both at similar points in their careers, great stylistic match up. A winnable fight for Tony, for once, and Nate will probably look decent finishing out his contract win or lose (unlike if he were to get ragdolled by Khamzat).

The only thing it doesn't accomplish is absolutely fucking over Nate on his way out which seems to be the UFC's ultimate goal. I'm sure the last thing they wanted was to have this entire PPV resting on Nate's decision on whether or not he even still wants to participate after Khamzat fucked up so hard.

9. Ariel seems almost certain Nate/Tony is gonna go forward. And Khamzat and Holland is a possibility now at a catch weight.

10. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

The UFC will probably come up with some bogus reason why it "can't" happen and then Diaz will get offered Leech since it's a less-winnable fight. haha.

11. Seems like the current choice from Nate at least seems to be, not fight tomorrow since he's no longer contractually obligated to due to Khamzat missing weight and be done with his deal.

13. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Lmfao what a shit show

14. Tony/Nate is almost a done deal according to Ariel

angrycandy likes this.
  15. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Holy fuccckkkk

16. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Hahahaha

17. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

I'd rather see that anyway

18. They’re gonna do Khamzat vs Holland lol

19. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

They got lucky that the top 3 fights are all 170. I honestly love Nate/Tony, hope Holland pulls off another crazy finish and Leech/Drod is a solid fight.

20. Tony is crazy enough to accept it at 5 rounds, right?

21. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Give Tony those PPV points and Chimaev gets none and 30 percent of his purse taken away lol

22. eagles1139

Regular

This is goddamn chaos but my only reaction is one of relief. Not hating on anyone who was pumped for that main event -- I certainly would've watched with eyes peeled -- but the idea there was a realistic outcome besides Nate getting brutally KOed or Nate getting seriously hurt for 10ish minutes just seemed ridiculous to me. This was a dangerous mismatch both in terms of size and skill and I'm glad it's off.

Also hilarious, the UFC wanted to fuck Nate over on his way out by getting him killed by their new star. Instead the new star has one of the worst blunders I've ever seen, handles it like an absolute clown, and they have no choice but to give Nate an actually competitive, winnable fight! Chef's kiss. Dana's gotta be steaming.

SpyKi likes this.
  23. Yahoo reporting Nate/Tony as the co-main. Agreements pending but Khamzat/Holland as a 5 round main

24. SpyKi

man I would honestly like both of those fights more than the original lineup. feel like Holland would get fucked by the wrestling though.

25. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

A certain Tyron Woodley is in the latest Cobra Kai season, haha