Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 60

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Yep, I said that the last time Khabib fought... Everyone I was with was calling for this title eliminator fight and I was like, "I would like to see it, but I think it's cursed"... I thought it was FINALLY going to happen this time. Shucks.

2. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I don't think that's the issue at all.

3. RonandTammy

Regular

So you don't think the ban of hydration via IV is detrimental?

4. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Not as detrimental as drastic weight cuts seem to be.

In regards to this incident, if it truly is a weight cutting issue, the ban can't even be an excuse. It's been implemented for quite some time (2015). Khabib has missed weight before (2013), and come close a few other times.

5. RonandTammy

Regular

Missing weight but still fighting, and almost missing weight but still fighting were both when the IV ban didn't exist. So even if you have a crazy cut, the IV will help you obviously more so than orally hydrating.

6. I think I read that he was dealing with a sharp pain in his liver

7. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I get that, but you can't blame a UFC policy, implemented two years ago, for missing weight now. Especially with a guy that missed pre-ban.

It's all speculation until we hear what really went wrong. Just bummed this fight isn't happening.

Schooner likes this.
  8. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Man, his whole situation is just frustrating. He dominates everyone and is undefeated, but he just can't stay healthy long enough to get into the title picture. Seems like we've dealt with this a lot where a top fighter is out on a consistent basis for one reason or another (Cruz, Velasquez, Aldo, Jones, GSP back in the day). It really sucks.

10. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

No thanks, let's get Tony v McGregor now. It was already ridiculous he couldn't get a title shot before this.

11. Schooner

Trusted

Devastated. Really wanted to see this. Only positive for me is I've got friends who keeps annoying me saying Khabib is real champ and Conor is dodging him, and I've been saying he's not even close cause of his fight cancelling history, justifies me again. But I'd much rather be watching this than a personal victory

12. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I would rather be watching El Cucuy tear his neck off. haha.

Schooner likes this.
  13. Wonderboy, Lando, Evans, Calvillo, Reem

14. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

So, it turns out my dad bought my whole bachelor party tickets for tonight as a surprise.

Can't wait. Now I'm more bummed than ever about Khabib though. Ugh.

I'm rolling with Wonderboy and Hunt tonight.

Schooner likes this.
  15. Woodley, Evans, Overeem, Vanatta, Henrique

16. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Fuckin amazing. Hope you get to meet some people at the event!

scottlechowicz likes this.
  17. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

That was probably the worst main event I've ever seen. I understand why, but come on.

For what it's worth, I've had wonderboy winning, but neither did enough for me to complain. That was so boring. Could have been another draw.

scottlechowicz likes this.
  18. Schooner

Trusted

It stunk ay
    I enjoyed all 4 other main fights though.
    So happy for Aussie dan kelly, what a champion bloke

19. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Every other fight delivered. Woodley needs to stop acting like he deserves amazing treatment and people kissing his feet when he never delivers on his big talk and does the bare minimum.

Schooner likes this.
  20. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

No joke. He almost fought to a draw for the second time in a row in probably the biggest let down of a fight ever. I'm sure everyone is just dying to see him in a "super fight"....not. Make him fight Maia/Masvidal now.

Also, nothing that he's done makes me think a motivated and sharp GSP couldn't beat him.

Schooner likes this.
  21. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Agreed. Can't wait to see what GSP looks like back.

22. Main event was obviously a disappointment but the rest of the card was fun. Several weird but really good fights.

About half of my section had left before the 4th round of the main event lol So many boos. And oddly enough a lot of chants for Conor throughout the fight.

Schooner likes this.
  23. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Haha those damn Conor fans... How was it being at the event? I'm going to my first UFC in April and I'm stoked.

Side note, I was also quite drunk last night when I watched the fight and posted in this thread. Not sure how I was that coherent.

24. Schooner

Trusted

Is that the Jacare vs Rob Whittaker?
    I'm so stoked Rob has gotten such a big fight. Will be a tough one for him but he has risen to everything asked of him so far

25. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I feel like events like last night are reasons why people should appreciate someone like McGregor.

Schooner likes this.