Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 506

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Weird situation here.

2. -deleted-

-

I’m thinking the opposite. I say Aljo gets an earlier finish. He went in nervous and throwing wild, but he continued that pace and almost doubled strikes thrown compared to Yan. Yan definitely landed harder once Aljo gassed, and he gave some weird positions up, but I think he definitively gets it done next time with some better pacing and patience.

3. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah I think next time he paces himself much better, which should help give the strikes he does throw more pop, and should help him last longer if needed

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  4. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I'll walk it back a little, I got all hot and bothered so soon after the fight. I don't think Yan will walk all over him, but I don't think Aljo will beat him in a rematch.

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  5. Mrk_Brdshw Mar 8, 2021
    (Last edited: Mar 8, 2021)
    Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

As time goes on, I just keep remembering things that annoyed me about Rogan on Saturday. He throws one narrative out there, and then he cannot let go of it and just keeps going with it as if it is a proven certainty. I agree that Santos vs. Rakic was a snoozer and that I would have liked to see a little more urgency out of these guys to try and make a statement considering the LHW belt was up for grabs that same night... but for ALL of round 3, Joe acted as if it was out of the question that the winner of the fight would be in line for the title because of the boring performance.

At 2:11, Rakic is like "I want my chance to get a title. This is the third former title challenger in a row for me, and I beat all of them so...I want that belt so bad". To which Rogan responds with a backhanded compliment of "Well congratulations, and most likely you'll get a top contender in the next fight and you'll move up the ladder." What the fuck? At least act excited for the guy even if you didn't like his performance. He already convinced himself that win wasn't worthy of a title shot so he doesn't even pretend like it's a possibility while talking to the guy.

6. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Not sure why I got such a kick out of Michael Chandler driving around in a toy car drinking Poirier's hot sauce.

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

8. her contract was up, seems like 145 is going away anyways

9. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I’d rather see Nunes fight at 135 even though she dominates that division as well. 145 has no one and it’s not super enjoyable watching her fight people who haven’t earned or talented enough to be in a title fight. The division was created for Cyborg anyways.

10. -deleted-

-

The only fights I care to see at 145 with Nunes involve women who don’t fight in the UFC so yeah, I don’t mind seeing her move back to 135 for now.

Anderson could still technically resign with the UFC. But she may want to go elsewhere now since that division will likely be on hold for a bit.

11. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Yeah we knew this was coming (and so did she). The UFC told her beforehand that they weren’t renewing her contract and that she would have to wait to see what happens with the title fight...so it was pretty obvious that they were considering doing away with the division for now. You don’t give someone a title shot while also telling them their job is on the line. Haha.

12. I tend to not root against fighters other than Conor, but I hope Leon gets humbled tonight lol

13. -deleted-

-

Seriously would be so cool for Belal.

Leon in an interview earlier this week said that all the other welterweights in the top five are ducking him and are divas handpicking fights. Lol what? Not only is that exactly what you did and what kept you from fighting for a while, but Wonderboy has been calling you out for like over a year now.

14. That was quick

15. Also Cejudo is no longer in the testing pool. ONE?

16. -deleted-

-

Semelsberger with one of the cleanest straight right KO’s I’ve ever SEEN. Crazy.

17. 333 GANG

ACAB

Holy fucking shit, Dan Ige

18. Ige is awesome

19. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

god i hope he's gunna be okay. leon's career is so busted

20. MikeERayner

Trusted

Oh man

21. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Second eye poke of the fight. Should be a DQ?

22. Damn that really sucks

23. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I feel bad for both guys. Edwards was looking great and for that to end that way after such a long layoff is tough. I hope Belal’s eye is ok. That looked really bad.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  24. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Tons of great finishes so I had a bad feeling that something weird would happen in the main event. Hoping Belal recovers just fine, but man that is terrible for both guys.

25. The sport needs new gloves