Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 477

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. I met him at a Buffalo Wild Wings lmao and he was really nice to me but a giant GIANT dick to my brother.

333 GANG likes this.
  2. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

I’d put Rose and Valentina in there. Holly Holm too. Really the women’s division is not surprisingly much better than the men’s overall, they don’t deserve the same reputation.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  3. -deleted-

-

Sucks to hear about Griffin. He was one of my favorites when I really got into watching the UFC and always seemed more approachable/easy going.

Holm and Valentina I would definitely throw in there too. Rose I’m not sure about since she comes off kind and sweet but I’m pretty sure someone here a few years back caught onto her Instagram account liking pages of QAnon bullshit and possibly something racist?

4. 333 GANG

ACAB

The first time I met him, I was in Vegas for the McGregor/Mendes international fight week. I didn’t have tickets to the fight, I just happened to be there on my annual trip. Incredible week all around. Went to weigh ins, went to a pool party with a bunch of fighters and ring girls, and ran into a ton of fighters on the strip that week. Every single one of them (even Covington, Masvidal, etc were great, albeit before they became MAGA chuds) took time to stop and talk and snap a picture. Most of them seemed super grateful that someone wanted a picture with them, but when I asked Forrest for one he said “yeah if you must just make it fucking quick.” Just came off like total douche. Chalked it up to maybe just having a bad day, but I had very similar experiences the next two times I encountered him at UFC events, so I concluded behind the scenes he’s just actually a dick lol

5. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Just noticed on UFC’s website that the Chiesa/Magny main card starts at 9AM PST. A weekday morning card is super random, but I totally dig it.

6. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Oh damn. If that’s the case I’ll be working from home that day for sure.

8. -deleted-

-

Only two more cancellations until they can tie with Khabib and Tony!

9. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Edwards/Chimaev and Gane/Rozenstruick on March 13. Dope card already.

10. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

slowheart and stvvvn like this.
  11. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I feel like this one is almost comical because Leon and the UFC pretty much just settled for this fight anyway. No one really even wanted it and then it immediately got rescheduled twice. Now they’re just too invested to give up on it. Haha.

13. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Going to be weird having a few fans in the crowd for the upcoming fights. Honestly surprised Dana hasn’t moved fights to Florida to have crowds again yet.

14. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Dana teasing everyone by going into a private room to meet with Khabib one-on-one. Ha. The dude has no shame when it comes to pressuring the fighters.

15. Theres 100% a stack of money on the table in that room.

I still think Khabib sticks to his guns. But I do think we’ll end up seeing the promotion Khabib owns on fight pass

16. lmfao

17. MikeERayner

Trusted

He’s so delusional.

Unrelated: I saw an interview earlier live on ESPN where Brett was interviewing Max. Max sounded really off. I’m going Katter. Will post the video if I can find it.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  18. 333 GANG

ACAB

McGregor is such a fucking clown

koryoreo likes this.
  19. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

I kinda rolled my eyes at this comment at first because I feel like every time Max fights now after that vegas incident people say he looks off and try to read too much into it...

but wow he looks like he had a brutal weight cut. It's tough to see him like that honestly.

20. MikeERayner

Trusted

I agree that he doesn’t look great, but that wasn’t at all what I was referring to. He just sounded really off - don’t you think?

yeahrightdude likes this.

22. god i hope khabib stays retired

23. I think he’s staying retired and vacating the belt

24. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Announcing his mma promotion will air on fight pass or something

25. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

I don’t think announcing his promotion is on fight pass is worthy of being on ABC but who knows. That wing said I’d be very surprised if he fights again.