Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 476

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. I'm excited to see if Izzy still looks as dominant moving up. If he wins the belt and defends it a few times it's an awesome achievement for him.

Victor Eremita and SpyKi like this.
  2. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

This is why I'm iffy about the whole thing. If Jan manages to hold him off, people will write it off as if Izzy should have never been at LHW in the first place so beating him is not going to be looked at as the huge achievement that it actually is. And win or lose, people are going to talk about how good/bad Izzy would have looked against Jon.

So it's kind of whatever for me. It would have been different if we were getting the fight that we actually wanted in this scenario (Izzy vs. Jon).

3. I still think this is an attempt to bait Jon back to 205. Jon vacated the belt and Dana would never do Jon/Izzy without a belt.

The problem is, Jon is now easily 240+ pounds and I don’t foresee him cutting that weight to take on a guy that I believe he would maul.

There’s not many fights at 205 that even entertain me to see that includes Izzy. Izzy and Jiri maybe?

4. MikeERayner

Trusted

Love this. Let’s go Jimmy!

5. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

That’s a good one for sure!

6. MikeERayner

Trusted

Busy start to 2021 for CKB!

333 GANG likes this.
  7. Dana holding out for Leon/Khamzat is so funny.

By the time they fight it’ll be almost two years between fights for Edwards.

Dana really wants to give this dude a title shot if he gets past Leon (which I don’t think is very likely tbh)

8. Chandler/Hooker should be lots of fun, desperately needed to be added to the card

there’s rumblings on twitter that the main event is officially for the title

Analog Drummer likes this.
  9. Dana did a Q&A tonight with fans online here’s some main notes

Conor/Dustin isn’t a title fight yet but it’s a #1 contenders fight (he’s meeting with Khabib next week and it hinges on that)

Stipe/Francis likely in April

Gaethje/Oliveria is next.

Fig/Moreno rematch 100%

Bobby Knuckles isn’t getting a title shot. Has to win one more.

10. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

some interesting fights coming up for sure

I feel like Gaethje will have a very similar result with Oliveira as he did with Khabib

I see Stipe beating Francis again but I'd love to be wrong and I see Conor taking his fight as well

and no clue on the flyweight bout tbh

11. Analog Drummer

Regular

Rough on Bobby, but then again what else is he gonna I do I guess whilst waiting for Izzy to play light heavy weights

13. That card also has

Santos/Rakic
    Cruz/Kenney
    Islam/Dober

14. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Damn 259 is looking to be the card of the year. Add Askarov/Benavidez to that list too.
    Three title fights, 2 top ten fights and another 2-3 top 15 fights. Great card.

15. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

Yan v Sterling is such a great matchup

16. 333 GANG

ACAB

This sport sure is home to plenty of wonderful people

17. -deleted-

-

If Aljo shows up like he did against Cory it’s a no brainer for me.

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

almost like getting punched in the head for a living fucks with your brain

19. 333 GANG

ACAB

Sure, but cage fighting as a profession absolutely draws certain types of characters to it to begin with. The amount of absolutely terrible human beings this sport has been home to over the years is staggering.

Henry likes this.
  20. I just think MMA attracts more scumbags unfortunately. It’s been proven that it’s safer than boxing by a large margin and in most metrics it’s even safer than football.

And it sucks because the sport has already been held back for 25 years due to how barbaric it seems, the “human cockfighting” tag (fuck you McCain) and now with how many fighters are out here doing awful things to other people.

21. Let’s also look at some of the poster boys/girls for the UFC at one point or another.

McGregor - a handful of sexual assault allegations, has assaulted random folks in public

Rousey - is a fucking sandy hook conspiracy theorist who also just sucks as a person

Jon Jones - I don’t have enough room for this one. But we all know

Matt Hughes - beat his wife

BJ Penn - allegedly assaulted a girl, has also threatened someone with a machete

Literally every single one of these people were or are at the top of the company at one point or another.

For every GSP - there’s ten War Machines
    We can’t have nice things.

333 GANG, Victor Eremita and stvvvn like this.
  22. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

You’d need 20 GSPs just to offset Mike Perry lol. I hate even joking about that because I know one day I’m going to wake up to some terrible news about him.

Re: Irwin... Apparently his sisters (the people he attempted to kill) are relatively fine and came to his defense. They said they could tell he was having a psychotic break and that’s why they were visiting him in the first place. Who knows how it will unfold, but he admitted to the police that a “higher power told him to kill his sisters” so...

Victor Eremita likes this.
  23. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

welcome to the world Ocean Mike Perry

24. -deleted-

-

Rule of thumb: if they’re a confident loudmouth, they probably suck as a person.

Not shitty fighters who aren’t loudmouths:
    St-Pierre
    Thompson
    Weili
    Nunes
    Griffin
    Mighty Mouse
    Oliveira
    Ngannou
    Poirier
    Holloway
    Whittaker

I’m sure there’s more, but yeah the UFC is perfectly fine promoting and pushing the guys who stir the pot regardless of background rather than just having skill.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  25. 333 GANG

ACAB

Forrest Griffin? Don’t know anything about what kind of person he is outside of my own experiences with him, but I’ve met him on three different occasions and he was kind of a dick all three times lol