Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 473

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I just realized how much of a potential freakshow matchup Rumble vs. Yoel could be...in the best possible way. Yoel could go off or Rumble could blast him into retirement in 10 seconds.

2. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

This was one of my favorite moments ever in all of MMA. Not only was that kick absolutely spectacular, but the context was incredible too. This was the last round of the last fight of the last WEC card ever. The fight was basically 2-2 going into the fifth round, and that round itself was virtually even until that kick happened. It wasn't a KO, but that kick 100% solidified the fight for Pettis. Not to mention that the WEC was awesome anyway, but this card in particular was wild...so the fact that the promotion was in the midst of its swan song while this iconic card and moment happened was just too perfect.

SpyKi and Anthony_Soprano like this.
  3. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

If Geoff Neal wins this weekend, he’s a shoe-in for Comeback Fighter of the Year, right? Actually, if he loses you could still make that argument as well. He said he was worried about his heart stopping in the gym and checking his pulse every couple of minutes.... I can’t imagine.

4. -deleted-

-

Neal has a great streak going and I like him a lot, but I’m with Wonderboy all the way. An all time favorite and I miss seeing him fight more often. Pumped for this card.

5. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

the more excuses and just batshit crazy statements that Tony is making, the more and more I feel like he's going to snap soon and just dive headfirst into his own madness. the guy said he didn't wanna hurt Justin so he took the punishment instead. that's straight up delusional. and the worst part is I know in my heart that he believes it. he said after his fight with Oliveira that Charles was mentally broken after the first round and then spent most of his time making excuses and focusing on the one bit of offense that he did manage. it's just sad. I wish the guy nothing but the best but he's surrounded by yes-men and he's just delusional at this point. dude needs help and I don't mean that in some joking manner either. he's always been weird but this isn't good and I only see it getting worse from here

stvvvn likes this.
  6. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

Really solid card tonight but once again UFC taints a good card by putting a Greg Hardy fight in the main.

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  7. -deleted-

-

Yeah I truly don’t fucking get it. Struggles with weight, boring as fuck, amateur at best, throws illegal strikes, has fought one real competitor who schooled him, and then they went back to feeding him cans on main cards. Are there really enough casuals tuning in for him? Please MMA gods let him be flagged and banned. I’ve never wished that on any fighter but I’m actually sick of seeing his name and watching his terrible fights.

Victor Eremita likes this.
  8. I know there’s CFB and all, but for as much as they’ve hyped the card up, it should at least be on ESPN 2 tonight

yeahrightdude likes this.
  9. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

I just wish the card started later at 7 PST since there’s tons of CFB and NFL today. I’m probably going to watch it after all of the football is over and stay up late.

10. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

I also hope Tybura lays all over Hardy and gives him the slow, frustrating beating he deserves.

11. There is unfortunately some upside to Hardy winning

a win would likely get him ranked and he would start fighting guys that I honestly don’t think he can beat.

12. -deleted-

-

I don’t think he gets ranked off a win over Tybura, but he is one of the tougher and more skilled competitors Hardy has faced, so I hope he does utilize his wrestling game since his last 3 losses were KO’s on the feet. And we know that’s exactly why they’re fighting and what the UFC is hoping for.

13. -deleted-

-

Like, he’s legitimately already the only fighter in the UFC history to have losses from being dominated, overturned for cheating, and illegal blows and the guy has had 10 fights :crylaugh:.

How is he actually still signed but we said goodbye to dudes like John Dodson, Jussier Formiga, and Romero this year.

14. -deleted-

-

Flyweights are more entertaining than ever. Jimmy Flick was getting cracked and then he lands a high kick into a flying triangle choke. Awesome.

15. angrycandy

rooting for Thompson and Pettis but wouldn't be surprised to see either lose

16. -deleted- Dec 19, 2020
    (Last edited: Dec 19, 2020)
    -deleted-

-

I kind of would be surprised to see Thompson lose. On paper, Neal is the type Thompson flourishes against. I know I’m a bit biased, but the experience, record, and skillset should overcome Neal’s striking. Pettis’ KO of Thompson in a fight he was losing is easily one of the most shocking losses I’ve seen live.

Either way, great prelims so far. Pettis headlining it is pretty nuts. I don’t remember ever watching him on a prelim card.

Edit: great fight! Pettis looked as sharp as ever with his striking, and he still handles grapplers so well for a striker. Eat shit Colby.

17. Dan looks so disgusted every time he’s assigned a Hardy fight lol

333 GANG and Anthony_Soprano like this.
  18. -deleted-

-

Yessssssssss.

333 GANG likes this.
  19. MikeERayner

Trusted

Haha fuck he had no clue what to do on his back

20. angrycandy

nice

333 GANG likes this.
  21. angrycandy

there's levels to this shit

22. -deleted-

-

[​IMG]

Victor Eremita and angrycandy like this.
  23. -deleted-

-

That’s 2 losses and 1 NC out of his last five let’s cut him.

Victor Eremita and angrycandy like this.
  24. LEVELS

angrycandy likes this.
  25. -deleted-

-

Wow. Awful, late stoppage.