Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 467

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Neal/Thompson would be excellent at 5 rounds if possible.

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  2. -deleted-

-

Despite there being hints at her joining the UFC, Shields signed with PFL. That’s huge for them. Hope she does well.

3. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Ahhh turns out Edwards is the one who is out due to COVID. I knew things would keep getting worse here.

4. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Lol good god

5. Please

6. Or call Magny

MikeERayner likes this.
  7. -deleted-

-

Wonderboy just announced him and Neal are.

8. Alrighty

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  9. could be his usual trolling but Till said on Instagram he’s moving to LHW

10. -deleted-

-

Yeah I think he was trolling. He posted about returning to Welterweight as well.

Also, saw some talk about how Yair has pulled out of the Zabit fight again and again but this time he’s not actually injured. I just saw the interview where Dana announced Yair isn’t fighting “for a while.” He was asked if he was hurt and Dana gave a stark “no” and clearly asks a PR rep “Have we talked about that publicly yet? Why not?”

He wouldn’t go into further details, and since then Yair has disabled comments for unverified users on IG. So, the two top conclusions most have come to is that he’s in some sort of legal trouble, or pissed hot. Doesn’t look good either way.

12. Ali is just as bad as Dana at this point

14. So what does Zabit do now?

15. -deleted-

-

Korean Zombie asked for a fight with him. Unless Brian Ortega is ready to go soon, he might be Volk’s next fight now.

16. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Zabit just needs to fight period at this point. haha. Feels like it's been ages since we've seen him.

As for Yair, it really blows. I'm not totally convinced he's a cheat, but it seems like he has maturity issues. I remember people suggesting this whenever he seemed to be switching gyms and teams all the time, kinda blamed some of his teammates for a bad performance, didn't want to accept any fights for a while, etc.

18. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

That's a bummer. I'm a fan and I was really looking forward to that fight... or any Yair fight at this point. I find it hard to believe he was cheating based on his physique but who really knows anymore. At least 6 months for Yair is basically the amount of time he'd be out anyway...

Featherweight has so many exciting fighters who can never seem to make it to the octagon. how disappointing.

19. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

This has been my biggest “complaint” with the sport the last few years. So many exciting guys throughout every division and so many times guys publicly agree to fight or express the desire to fight four/five times a year, and somehow it never materializes.

We used to have this problem a few years ago where the belts were held hostage by super fights or unearned title shots, inactive champs, interim belts, etc. but now it seems like it’s all COVID, USADA and, in most cases, contract disputes.

I can’t say I blame them or anything, but it’s frustrating as a fan.

20. 168A2A8C-52BA-484E-94BA-D739063EF01A.jpeg

Swoos and Anthony_Soprano like this.
  21. Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  22. Woah

23. -deleted-

-

Oh wow.

24. I believe Formiga said he was told 75~ releases were coming from the company.

With the influx of Contender Series fighters coming in + the amount of guys on the roster who make larger amounts of money, I wonder if we’re going to be seeing some bigger names cut for them to pinch pennies.

25. There’s no reason to have “over the hill” older fighters making six figures every single fight when we’re seeing younger guys come in and fighting for literal pennies (and fighting numerous times a year)