Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 465

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Shit maybe I just saw some reddit meme based on his shitty mask opinion and took it as truth. Hopefully that's true because I was a fan.

Mrk_Brdshw likes this.
  2. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

DC does that shithead crowder's podcast all the time so I'm with you on that lol

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  3. -deleted-

-

It could definitely be true and it’s just completely missed me.

Mrk_Brdshw likes this.
  4. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I mean, fighting for a living isn't going to draw in any scholars. I'd be willing to bet 95% of that roster, international included, is going to lean conservative.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  6. -deleted-

-

And to think it started as a charity fight for free.

Victor Eremita likes this.
  7. Went from free charity fight to being announced nearly once a week for two months to official.

And we still might not be done because I think there’s a chance it ends up being for the belt.

8. I think Conor is going to remind everyone how good he is. I know he’s a shithead, but I think a lot of fans have him underrated as a fighter now. I rate him as the best at 155 now Khabib is gone.

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

honestly just wanna see Weili fight again. It's been forever. Her trainer is saying Q1 2021.

10. against Rose?

11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Sounds like Rose this time and then Yan Xiaonan some time after that.

12. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

I thought I saw Dana say he wanted to book Weili and Valentina if Valentina beats Andrade.

13. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

They could do Weili/Rose and Valentina/Andrade around the same time.

14. Weili v Valentina would be insane

15. -deleted-

-

Those fights sound intriguing but why can’t the UFC try to help build champs at all? They just go for the biggest names/money fights so consistently the hype has worn off. Weili is so new to the US fans and just had monumental wins over Joanna and Andrade last. I wanna see her defend her title more and continue facing the best in her division before jumping weight classes. Namajunas, Xiaonan, and Esparza all intrigue me as good fights for her right now.

16. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Yeah, I think I agree. You take a big gamble by moving her up so quickly. If she loses to Valentina, you now have a lot of the mystique and hype gone for her future title defenses at 115 before she even gets two of them under her belt. If she wins then congrats, you have a star on your hands... except now you have to split her time between two divisions and hold up other contenders unless you make her vacate.

17. Tatiana too whenever she recovers

18. -deleted-

-

I feel the same way for Jan. He’s looked great but his first defense is Izzy? Doesn’t make sense to me. He’s getting fed to the dogs IMO.

19. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I still don't get the Izzy/Jan fight, there's going to be next to no buzz for that fight at all. Have Izzy fight Rob and Jan fight Glover (lol), which should be two straightforward wins and then have Izzy move up.

20. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Yeah the 0 buzz is just the kicker for me. You’re having a brand new champ take a super fight right after the GOAT vacated... It’s like someone missed that it was Izzy vs. Jones, specifically, that we were interested in.

Middleweight has only been unclogged for a relatively short amount of time, and they’re already finding ways to bog it down. Then you have some exciting contenders at LHW (Glover, Rakic, Jiri) who are sidelined for this fight no one wants.

21. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

I agree that it’s too early for Weili/Valentina. However if Valentina easily beats Andrade I do think it is time for Valentina and Amanda Nunes 3 if Valentina is up for it. They’ve both run through their divisions with ease for a while now.

SpyKi likes this.
  22. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

she is but she's said she wants to do that when they can have fans there.

23. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

24. 333 GANG Nov 25, 2020
    (Last edited: Nov 25, 2020)
    333 GANG

ACAB

First Trump, now Kadyrov. Fuck Usman.

25. the American Dream baby

what a clown