Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 464

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

This is a fun fight

2. Perry didn’t get angry enough

3. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Perry is a joke. Dude shouldn’t be promoted like he is.

Victor Eremita likes this.
  4. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Maia looking good

5. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I’m not really sure why Joe was so shocked that Valentina kept going for takedowns. She knew she could control her there. If she kept the fight standing, she ran the risk of getting clinched and losing the round because she was clearly out-muscled there. That’s why she did not give a fuck in the final round and didn’t go for a takedown there. If she got clinched in round 5 and lost it, it didn’t matter because the fight was already won.

Victor Eremita likes this.
  6. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Wow, heck of a submission

7. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

upload_2020-11-22_0-8-49.png

8. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

That was probably the best two-minute right I’ve ever seen lol. Wow.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  10. E8A4061A-1263-44B5-9300-678536E693F8.jpeg Absolutely absurd

11. MikeERayner

Trusted

Anthony_Soprano and stvvvn like this.
  12. -deleted-

-

Greg Hardy fighting above Jose Aldo, Marlon Moraes and pretty much anyone else on a card is the most absurd shit I’ve seen in a while. I pray for a career ending injury. Sorry, not sorry.

13. -deleted-

-

That’s a bummer. Aljo is my favorite up and coming fighter of the last two years I’m hopeful.

14. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Ah that sucks, was looking forward to that one.

15. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

That’s a big bummer, but at least they have a decent replacement. Both fighters looked great tonight and that should be a hell of a fight.

16. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

That blows. They finally even had the graphic up during last night’s event. It finally felt “real” and now it’s already postponed.

17. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

I hope Yan’s issues get fixed quick and they just skip over antivax-aljo for Dillashaw when he comes back.

18. -deleted-

-

Didn’t know that he was an anti-vaxxer that sucks to learn. Felt happy after his last fight to hear him be, I think next to Woodley, a ranked fighter that used their platform and talk about police brutality.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  19. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I didn’t think he was anti-vax unless I missed something. He did go on a big rant about being against mask mandates though, essentially just saying masks should be optional... Unfortunately though, those people usually fall into the same categories so who knows.

I’m honestly a little shocked just how many MMA fighters (of all backgrounds and identities) are Trump supporters, anti-lockdown, conspiracy theorists, etc. I would have suspected a few, but man.

20. I soured on a lot of fighters this year due to how they view certain things.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  21. -deleted-

-

Most of which that I find to be good people outside of the ring are foreign fighters from SA or EU. Most American fighters (in the UFC at least) are conservative with their views solely because I think many come from nothing and are easily swayed to those views because of the way they earn money/pay their taxes. I don’t agree with them, it’s just the reality of it.

22. Left/Right aside

The anti-vax and QAnon shit is the worst.

23. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Yeah that’s definitely the trend I’m seeing too. Still wild just the sheer number of them who think that way though.

24. -deleted- Nov 22, 2020
    (Last edited: Nov 22, 2020)
    -deleted-

-

I’m trying to look on his social networks to see if he’s said anything recent about being anti-vaxx that I missed. Truly disappointing. Feel like the fighters from the US that I haven’t heard/seen things which completely turn me off as a fan are at less than 20:

Wonderboy (though he completely avoids talking Politics/Religion I think knowing the image he has built around his career and being a Christian)

Garbrandt (who may be a hothead but has regularly used his platform to speak out against bullying, and mental illness and depression)

Poirier (being from Louisiana he may just avoid the debatable subjects too)

Holloway
    Benavidez
    Dober
    (Ryan) Hall
    Lawler
    Miocic
    Blaydes
    Waterson
    Holm
    Faber
    DJ (though now fights in ONE)

Maybe I might be forgetting some retired American fighters, like Griffin who always seemed kind and sincere, but most of those older American dudes were either roided out or just had a shitty personality.

Edit: I’d be stupid not to say Daniel Cormier, but he’s had his moments where I truly find him to be an asshole. Sore losing, consistently eye-poking across numerous fights, and starting an actual fight at a press conference make me dislike him sometimes.