Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 426

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Mrk_Brdshw and Anthony_Soprano like this.
  2. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Hahaha. Dariush is such a cool guy.

3. Would be interested to see how he fairs. Only issue I can see is what kind of contract Dana would offer him.
    im assuming he would not get whatever he’s currently getting in Bellator.

333 GANG likes this.
  4. He’s apparently only getting 100k/100k so maybe. I’ve seen guys a lot less talented than him make equivalent or more lol.

5. -deleted-

-

Looks like all that unsung grinding paid off!

7. I know it’s not anything important

but the O’Malley/Vera UFC countdown segment has more views on YouTube than the Stipe/DC segment lol (both are nearly at 800k tho)

think the UFC was smart putting him in the co-main slot.

8. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Its a very smart move. Sugar Sean is a way bigger draw than JDS/Rosenstruick. If he KO's Vera quickly he needs a top 10 opponet next time out and to be on another high profile card.

9. -deleted-

-

Yeah he’s on fire right now in the MMA community and they’re smart to capitalize. He’s got the character and the skills to be entertaining, as well as the confidence to keep his hype train up.

Sad we lost two great fights this month. But I’m looking forward to this Saturday big time.

10. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I'm glad they are handling his rise through the ranks intelligently as well. Sometimes the UFC gets overeager to get their rising stars in title contention, and they get a really tough match up way too early which squanders their hype. The UFC is smartly feeding him tougher and tougher guys without jumping the gun.

11. -deleted-

-

Paige Van Zant signs to.....

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship?

12. Analog Drummer

Regular

RIP Instagram cash and her face, oh dear.

13. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I don't get that one. Not trying to hate, but she's not that good and probably could have made more money with Bellator feeding her cupcakes and doing Instagram.

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  14. -deleted-

-

It’s just really not playing to her skill set and can that company really actually afford to pay her more than the UFC did to make that risk worth it?

15. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

UFC fighter pay sucks and I bet Dana didn't offer he what she thinks shes worth. Given that shes not even a top 15 SW, I actually agree with the UFC on this one.

She was only 5-4 in the UFC and 2-4 in her last 6 fights in the company. Just because you were on DWTS and make mad money on Instagram due to your looks doesn't mean you are a huge draw if you're losing a lot of your fights. Surprised Bellator didn't throw a ton of money at her though just to put her against a bunch of cans to try to rebuild whatever draw she still has. Would have been a much smarter long term decision for her.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  16. -deleted-

-

Strange truth is though, Paige did draw a decent amount. Even if probably half or more of those were doubters/tuned in to see her lose.

17. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Oh no doubt she did draw at some point a few years ago. I'm just saying her draw has diminished due to losing and injuries. A few years ago she was a really big name, but I don't think that's the case right now especially with how bad Ribas smoked her.

18. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Yeah, I think her injury has played the biggest part in her (perceived) lack of hype the last couple of years. She wasn’t quite good enough for people to be clamoring for her to come back.

But also, they gave her almost nothing but tough fights which didn’t do her any favors there. The only “easy” one was JRC, but that’s the fight where she broke her arm initially.

19. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Zero hype for this ppv, and it's unfortunate. I'd be surprised if this clears 200-250k.

Going Stipe, Vera and Jair.

20. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

let's go, Stipe

21. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

also hope O'Malley loses because he needs to be humbled a bit imo

22. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I do hope DC wins though.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  23. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I'm hyped. rooting for Stipe and O'Malley but I'd be happy if DC won, I like him a lot.

24. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

I think the PPV will do just fine. Stile-Cormier 3 is a big fight.

Anthony_Soprano likes this.