Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 425

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Rob/Jared is excellent matchmaking.

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  2. xkj1985x

Go Dawgs! Prestigious

Why do you hate Max Holloway?

Swoos likes this.
  3. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

5. of course lol

8. Would kinda prefer Hall/Yoel to be the main event. But two great fights regardless

yeahrightdude likes this.

9. cant catch a break

Swoos, Anthony_Soprano and SpyKi like this.
  12. Lewis looks more in shape imo. Also Oleynik is LEAN

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  13. Chandler to the UFC please

MikeERayner likes this.
  14. -deleted-

-

I’m just catching up on tonight. Just watched Dariush vs Holtzman and holy fuck what a knockout. His striking has become leveled with his grappling game, definitely think he’s somebody to keep an eye on at the moment.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  15. Lewis is one KO away from tying the record for most in UFC history

16. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Good night of fights. Holland, Daruish and Lewis all had super impressive finishes. Nice to see Weidman get a win again. I'd love to see Lewis face the winner of JDS/Rosenstruick or have him face Ngannou for the belt if Cormier wins and retires.

17. -deleted-

-

It looked like it took everything for Weidman to survive that fight and stay on top. His stand-up game suffers severely now at this point.

Also curious if fighters are usually allowed to fight with things such as a herpes outbreak? Which he was clearly having. Lewis also had a huge staph infection pimple directly on the back of his head.

18. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Yeah Weidman didn't look great. I think most top 10 fighters destroy him. He's a gatekeeper at best.

19. He’s gonna be used for some prospects highlight reel tbh

Mrk_Brdshw and Anthony_Soprano like this.
  20. -deleted-

-

I think they probably have him fight Kelvin next.

21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

333 GANG and Anthony_Soprano like this.
  22. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Lewis, Blades and Ngannou are ruining the division (in the best way possible). They have knocked out basically everyone in the division multiple times aside from DC and Stipe lol

How did Weidman fall so hard and fast? People were touting him as the goat because he beat Silva and won/defended the belt within a dozen pro fights, but then he went on to look absolutely terrible against everyone aside from Kelvin. Gotta be USADA, injuries or simply overrated because Silva was a good matchup or just beyond his prime. Either way, it’s crazy that he looked pretty much spent after just 14 pro fights.

23. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

He’s 2-5 since USADA so you gotta assume...

24. Victor Eremita Aug 9, 2020
    (Last edited: Aug 9, 2020)
    Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

Weidman also fell victim to winning the belt right as there was a huge change in eras and talent influx in the UFC. Most of the guys he lost to are elite at some skill, Silva was excellent but there wasn’t the kind of world class talent in the ufc like there is today when he was on his run.

25. Mrk_Brdshw Aug 9, 2020
    (Last edited: Aug 9, 2020)
    Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I thought about this too. The old legends (Belfort, Machida) were still hanging around the top and sort of inflated his status. The killers like Jacare, Mousasi, and Rockhold hadn’t made it to contention yet.

Victor Eremita likes this.