Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 420

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. think he fights corey or anthony smith next

2. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I mean, Jiri was in Rizin for like 5 years or whatever, he'd be in my top 5 currently. I really like the idea of him fighting Corey or Anthony Smith if they want to try and put him on a rocket.

I'm going to try and watch this card tonight, but they better pace it better than last Saturday's.

3. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Jiri would wreck Anthony Smith. I don't wish that upon Anthony after the Glover beatdown lol

4. Shore v O’Malley needs to happen

5. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

No chance unless O'Malley loses to Vera. O'Malley got that rocket strapped to him especially if he wins that fight.

6. Excited for this new blood at 205!

7. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Great fights so far. Also, I think Kattar might be my new favorite fighter, so I hope he wins impressively tonight.

8. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I'm loving these prelims. Nice surprise card with developing fighters. Reminds me of the Eye/Carvillo card so far.

9. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Holy middleweight Khabib lol that was a mauling

slowheart and llllllllllllllll like this.

10. For anyone unfamiliar with him, he’s fought at 170 a bunch before joining the UFC. Dude might end up being a problem lol

11. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

This ref is awful. No way that should have been stood up either time.

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  12. -deleted-

-

Yeah bad calls both times. He had a top mount the second time, what are you doing ref?

13. -deleted-

-

Commentary gets so easily off track with Bisping. Annoying at times.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  14. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Haha talking about potato chips in the middle of the fight

15. -deleted-

-

I hope Rivera gets a W here.

16. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Really wish they didn't have both Felder and Bisping. They end up distracting each other from talking about the fight. You only need one to partner Anik.

17. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Man flyweight must be super thin. How is Tim Elliot ranked with a 4-9 record in the UFC? Lol

18. lol i was looking at the rankings and didn’t know at least half the flyweights

19. 333 GANG

ACAB

Didn’t they cut like half the division a while back when everyone thought 125 was folding?

20. Kattar v Max
    Yair v Zabit
    Cejudo v Volk

koryoreo likes this.
  21. Kattar vs Max 10000%

22. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Good main event. Ige is a tougher out than he looks because he makes the fights really gritty. He is also really good at evading and blocking punches, but eventually Kattar’s power was starting to pay off from the handful of shots he was able to land. It was like Ige’s face just started showing damage out of nowhere.

23. eagles1139

Regular

Kattar had a little less output than I expected but man are his hands fucking nasty. He has some holes in his striking game, namely footwork and cage-cutting, but in terms of strictly boxing technique he’s leaps and bounds above pretty much everyone in the UFC. He’s legit scary when he lets those tight body shots and uppercuts fly.

I think he’d have issues with the distance and activity of a striker like Max, but Kattar’s not an easy night for anyone in that division.

24. -deleted-

-

If Zabit beats Yair I think he should absolutely fight for the title next. Kattar could take the winner of Ortega vs KZ or Max. If Cejudo comes back and gets a title shot none of that will probably happen though lol.

25. -deleted-

-

Albazi just pulled the nicest triangle I’ve seen in a bit.

also: