Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 412

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

one of the best fights I've ever seen

2. angrycandy

but Hooker better not win

3. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

I got Poirer 48-47. What a fight

4. angrycandy

wow

the judges got it right this time

5. Holy fuck

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  6. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

That was fucking amazing. Seemed like Hooker finally started to fade somewhere in round 4, but it was fantastic from beginning to end. I honestly don’t know how there wasn’t a finish in round 2.

7. MikeERayner

Trusted

R2 was the best round in a long fucking time. Love my boy Dan, but expected him to get finished in maybe R3. For him to win a few rounds and go the distance was huge. Get another big win in the 3 rounder and he’s right back there.

8. angrycandy

so what other fights would you all say are in contention for fight of the year and might beat out that one?

I think Gaethje-Ferguson was a really great fight but nowhere near as good as Poirier-Hooker just because it was largely one-sided, whereas both guys were in this fight pretty much the whole way through

9. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

Well that was a great night of fights

10. -deleted- Jun 28, 2020
    (Last edited: Jun 28, 2020)
    -deleted-

-

Weili vs Jędrzejczyk and it's not even close for me.

KO of the year is MUCH harder to decide as of right now. There have been some insane finishes this year.

11. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Yeah Zhang/Joanaa fight is right up there with last nights fight. Easily the best two fights this year and its not even close. I'd give the slight nod to the women's fight since it was a tad bit closer in my opinion.

12. Victor Eremita

Gaethje/Ferguson was really great though, Tony just kept coming forward and Gaethje never wore down. If there’s an award for performance of the year Gaethje should be in contention given the level of competition he was able to dominate.

13. -deleted-

-

Not only a bit closer of a fight, but that fight held a lot of weight in it. Title fight, and there was a lot of doubt if Weili was worthy of the title, or got a lucky catch with Andrade. She proved every doubter wrong. Weili’s first defense and she went up against somebody who’s considered a goat in women’s MMA. From start to finish it was a barn burner. Feel like I wasn’t standing up anxious and yelling like that since Whittaker vs Romero II.

While Hooker had some hard hits early on, I felt by round 4 it was in the bag for Dustin. You could see him fading and Dustin’s stand up from years of boxing is top tier at lightweight. If (when) Conor comes out of retirement, I feel like Poirier just sealed the deal on their rematch.

Victor Eremita and yeahrightdude like this.
  14. Victor Eremita

I certainly wouldn’t mind seeing Poirier and Gaethje again either

15. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

I want Poirer vs Tony.

16. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Real fun night of fights.

17. Victor Eremita

Just now looking at the 251 card. Holy hell is it loaded. The top 4 fights are amazing match ups. Really looking forward to the Rose/Andrade rematch and I think the rest are all title fights with legit top contenders.

koryoreo likes this.
  18. campeondeluniverso

nah.

PVZ vs Ribas should be fun to watch too. i got Ribas on that one.

19. Victor Eremita

Yeah Ribas has been completely dominant in her three ufc fights, including over Mackenzie Dern. I think she runs right through PVZ

20. -deleted-

-

Is it too soon to worry about fighters dropping? Feels like one of those too good to be true cards.

21. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Really excited for July. UFC 252 is stacked followed by Kattar vs Ige/Edgar vs Munoz, the FW title rematch/Hermansson vs Gastelum and Till vs Whittaker, Shogun vs Lil Nog/Gustafsson vs Werdum. Those 4 cards within 2 weeks is insane.

22. Gus gonna surprise a lot of people at heavyweight imo.
    dude is big and he still has all the tools.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him right up there in the top 4/5 within a year.

23. Would not favor him against any of the top 4 guys though.

Stipe and Francis for obvious reasons.
    Blaydes is a dog.
    Doubt DC will be fighting in a year so that doesn’t matter.

24. -deleted-

-

Been thinking about who should get KO of the year. My top contenders would probably be:

Dariush vs Klose
    Garbrandt vs Assuncao
    O’Malley vs Wineland
    Blachowicz vs Anderson II

25. campeondeluniverso

nah.

Garbrandt for the buzzer beater.