Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 403

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Not a spend $60 for the ppv type card, at least for me. But there are good fights on there.

333 GANG likes this.
  2. 333 GANG

ACAB

Agreed. I’ll watch it, and I’m decently excited for it as a whole, but it’s not close to a $60 card for me.

3. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Aljo and Sandhagen might be worth the money by itself. Maybe I'll talk myself into it haha.

4. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

I'm assuming 251 will be stacked and be a bigger card. Usman/McGregor and Masvidal/Diaz would do amazing business.

5. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

It's a mess, but hopefully it doesn't end up like the Flyweight vacant title fight where one guy misses weight and then basically wins via headbutt lol

Re: Saturday's card... I agree with everyone here. I'm pretty damn excited about a lot of these fights. This is a really good card for the men's 135 division in particular. I don't know if I'll spend the money for PPV, but it might be one where I split the cost with others or just stay at home and find a stream.

6. ufc’s been posting a ton of good fights on their youtube channel fyi

7. Two big liars yelling at each other through media

9. The Jones/HW thing has always been so weird to me.

I think it’s a combo of him not wanting to move up + Dana not wanting to pay him what he wants to move up.

But I also have a hard time believing that Jones wasn’t offered large amounts of money to move up and fight someone like Brock/Cain/JDS when they were all in their primes.

10. This will be a war

11. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Never thought I'd be taking Jon Jones' side on anything, but here we are.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  12. I’m just not taking a side because I don’t trust either person lol

Although, considering Dana has been underpaying his fighters forever I definitely lean Jones.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  13. Jones is going in on twitter lol.

14. I think all MMA fighters should be paid exponentially more.

but your very top guys/girls should absolutely be paid on the same scale as the best boxers in the world.

Brock/Conor/Ronda are the only fighters who have probably been paid close to what they bring (and even that wasn’t enough) to the table.

Jones has been a 500k-900k PPV buyrate level star for almost a decade. Just pay the mother fucker lmao

Tom and yeahrightdude like this.
  15. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

imagine if Jones really left

and went to...is Bellator still a thing? where else would he even go?

16. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Bellator would have him fighting Chael and Rampage again lol.

ONE could throw him a mint, but they're so high on honor and Bushido they probably wouldn't.

Tom and angrycandy like this.
  17. Honestly, probably WWE lol.

angrycandy likes this.
  18. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

I noticed Valentina’s older sister is fighting this weekend in the prelims. They’re in the same division apparently. That would be a first if they ended up fighting right?

19. MFC did a brother vs brother fight sometime in the early 2010s

Def never been a sibling fight in the UFC though

20. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Thank god Cormier is the 3rd man in the booth tonight instead of Felder.

llllllllllllllll and angrycandy like this.
  21. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

I feel like Woodley is gonna lose

22. Burns. Oh boy

23. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Kinda knew that fight would play out that way. Burns has looked phenomenal recently. For being so experienced and so elite, Woodley has such a knack for not adjusting during losing fights. No matter what’s happening, he’s so content to back against the cage, look for a single counter right hook, and otherwise not fight. I could not believe in round 5 when Gilbert had his hands in the air and Tyron just sat there clinching and resting. No urgency whatsoever.

Side note, what caused Woodley’s cut in round 1? Looked like they might have clashed heads right before the uppercut that dropped him.

24. Burns calling out his own training partner Usman lol.

He’s in the country already. Said he’d be ready in July. Masvidal is dicking around and Leon is not in the US rn.

Fuck it. Do it

25. Man, Woodley is so boring. I used to stick up for him but I can’t anymore. He is never active. I don’t know how he expects to win. I don’t know how he became champ. He’s looked bad his last two fights. Just a frustrating fighter.

Tom and Mrk_Brdshw like this.