Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 401

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

2. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

lol Dana basically said Jones is all talk the other day. This is the same thing he did with Stipe.

3. Do you think Dana would want that fight? It’d obviously make bonkers money but one of his stars could lose marketing value. But I guess that’s true with any big fight. So, you’d think he’d be pushing for it.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  4. I think we’re more likely to see it if/when Francis has the heavyweight title.

Jones has talked about moving up for so long though and never has so idk. But after Jan (maybe Reyes/Santos rematch) there’s nothing left. He’s cleaned out two different generations of that division.

5. Jon has —essentially— been the LHW champ for almost a decade.

thats fucking absurd regardless of how much of a dildo he is.

oldjersey and Anthony_Soprano like this.
  6. -deleted-

-

Was also always highly impressed by Aldo’s run from 2006-2015 and being known as the greatest featherweight in MMA history until he ran into Conor.

Dom Cruz also has one of the most impressive runs ever until he met Cody.

(also worth noting they have 0 DQ’s and 0 flags for steroids)

Victor Eremita likes this.
  7. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I just remember Aldo coming in when the Featherweight division started and it felt so lob-sided, he dominated everyone and was so damn fast.

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  8. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

It's all bargaining. Jon will want a pay raise for this, so the more cold water Dana can throw on it now the easier it'll be for him to make a deal.

Victor Eremita likes this.
  10. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

wow

Woodley actually taking a fight

11. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

These cards being booked on short notice is crazy. The PPV card the next week is thin as he'll too.

12. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

To be fair to Woodley, I believe his was 100% ready and willing to fight Colby. This Burns fight is going to be real good though.

13. I wonder if Khabib would retire if his father passes.

14. -deleted-

-

Super excited to see O’Malley and Aljo fighting on the 6th. Two guys quickly becoming new favorites of mine.

oldjersey likes this.
  15. Wonder who Yan will end up fighting for the belt

16. 250 is shaping up nicely.

Nunes v Spencer
    Heinisch v Meerschaert
    Garbrandt v Assuncao
    Magny v Rocco Martin
    O’Malley v Wineland
    Sandhagen v Aljiamain

And I think we are still getting another title fight. Nunes was announced as the “co-main event”.

17. There’s a bunch of tweets but yeah no HW for him

18. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Card is shaping up much better than what I remember seeing promoted on the 249 show. I wonder what other title fight they can get together? I want Adesanya to fight asap

19. -deleted-

-

Benavidez and Figuerido rematch set for July.

20. campeondeluniverso

nah.

Amanda Ribas vs Paige VanZant set for July as well.

21. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Kind of glad they are both being vocal about the UFC not wanting to pay them the right money. Normally I would rather the fighters keep business negotiations private, but Dana has a bad habit of making them all look bad by saying “We offered them the fight, and they said ‘no’”. He’s so quick to throw them under the bus without mentioning that money was the issue to imply they are “scared” or “being difficult”.

22. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

UFC's so dumb. Can you imagine debuting Fight Island with Jon and Francis? That shit would do numbers.

23. Swoos May 22, 2020
    (Last edited: May 22, 2020)
    Any chance Jones isn’t getting the number he wants because of his continued troubles out of the cage?

24. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Nah, even if they were, they've already set the precedent of letting him fight through his other issues. McGregor fighting through his, and so forth. They're just being cheap.

Jon's side: https://www.patreon.com/posts/jon-jones-hurt-37392948

Swoos likes this.
  25. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I don't know what title fight can be booked on such short notice. I figure Nunes will be the main event, but another title fight would make this card more desirable. Nunes vs Spencer is a squash and I like my main events to have at least some intrigue.