Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 4

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

2. Brandon Allin

Finest Quality Crappy Punk Rock Since '92 Prestigious

Likewise.

I will be very torn on where my allegiances lie should he face Robbie Lawler. Robbie is my favorite fighter of all time, and GSP is a Canadian hero that I have never even considered rooting against. Haha.

3. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Although I don't see him returning to that weight class any time soon, McGregor vs GSP would be an iconic match for me.

4. Brandon Allin

Conor is fighting at 170 in July! You never know. ;-)

5. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I don't know man, GSP would wrestle the life out of him. Can't see that match being competitive or fun to watch at all.

6. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

True, but McGregor has beaten others whose ground game was superior to his. I just think it'd be a great match up seeing two different styles go at it from great competitors. I wonder how such a long break will effect GSP.

7. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I'm of the mind that the layoff would actually help him, assuming he's been regularly training this whole time (which it kind of appears that he has). I can't see Conor mounting any real threat. The power isn't there, and he's not going to outwork GSP on the ground. Anything can happen though, which is why I'd watch, which is what is important to the UFC anyway. Assuming that Conor wins, and GSP doesn't want a title shot, it'd be sellable.

8. Brandon Allin

Lyoto Machida popped for a banned substance, fight with Hendo this Saturday is now off.

Fucking hell, stop taking drugs, you dummies.

9. drstrong

I'm Back.

I'm getting tired of the UFC and all of it's bullshit.

They should just allow the goddamn roids and let everyone be as big/strong/fast as they can be. I want the MMA equivalent of the McGuire/Sosa era of baseball.

That said, anyone here listen to The Fighter and The Kid podcast and get annoyed as all hell at how stupid Schaub is?

10. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

There are many athletes who genuinely don't believe in using, and they push their physical limits to the max. Men who look to cheat want the glory in the easiest of ways and to feel big beating the best. Same goes for all sports. Those who get those titles should be doing it following the rules.

And I think UFC is in its prime right now, since say 2012.

11. drstrong

I'm Back.

Yea I get it that they shouldn't cheat...but it isn't cheating if it's allowed, ya know?

It doesn't seem like they will ever be able to completely stop fighters from using, unless every single person on the roster is tested weekly. But the cost and logistics of that must be insane.

UFC has existed for what, almost 25 years, right? What was baseball/football doing 25 years in? The sport is progressing and just like with major sports, there are the originators who are held to high praise, but quickly overwhelmed by the next breed coming in. Eventually we'll get to the point where 75% of the fighters are like the 2000's NY Yankees.

12. ClarettsGreyGoose

I wish I had changed my user name... Prestigious

NY governor Cuomo signing the MMA legalization bill at MSG tomorrow morning @ 10 AM. The earliest an event can take place in NYS is 9/1/16. I'll just go ahead and pencil in UFC 202 at MSG on the weekend right around mid September

13. ClarettsGreyGoose

I wish I had changed my user name... Prestigious

Make that November 12 for the UFC event at MSG. Can't wait for an event in Buffalo in 2017.

14. drstrong

I'm Back.

Hendo/Lombard for UFC 199.

15. Brandon Allin

That card is looking great.

16. Brandon Allin

What upcoming fights is everyone looking forward to most?

For me:

1. Rory MacDonald vs. Stephen Thompson
    2. Dominick Cruz vs. Urijah Faber 3
    3. Anthony Pettis vs. Edson Barboza
    4. Nate Diaz vs. Conor McGregor 2
    5. Thomas Almeida vs. Cody Garbrandt

17. chavril

Jones vs OSP
    DJ vs Cejudo
    Rory vs Wonderboy
    Tate vs Nunes
    Cyborg vs Smith
    McGregor vs Diaz 2

18. Brandon Allin Apr 15, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 15, 2016)
    Brandon Allin

Wow, Dos Anjos vs. Alavarez on July 7th, exclusively on Fight Pass.

A day before the TUF 23 finale, and two days before UFC 200. What a weekend.

19. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

The UFC is crushing it. All those cards are going to be fun.

20. Brandon Allin

Lawler likely headlining UFC 201 or 202 opposite Tyron Woodley.

Not my first choice of opponent, but at least it's a fresh match up.

21. JordanKTM

@jordanmohler @killthemusictv killthemusic.net Prestigious

As always, HMU if you need a stream for Fight Night. I believe @Brandon Allin liked it

22. Brandon Allin

23. Brandon Allin

Holy shit, John Dodson. That was spectacular.

24. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Totally missed that fight. Thought it was part of the Prelims on Fox -- not Fight Pass.

Grrrr. Why is he even on Fight Pass to begin with?

25. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Stunned by that Dariush finish