Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 382

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

i guess i fall into that first one

Analog Drummer and oldjersey like this.
  2. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Haha, yes sir

3. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I feel like having a legitimate problem with alcohol is only a portion of his problem (although it's probably the biggest contributing factor). Using PEDs, allegedly taking sketchy "dick pills", using cocaine, hanging out at strip clubs, doing reckless shit with guns apparently, "drag racing" or whatever that cop got him for a few years back... It's all just part of his personality and his inability to avoid impulsive, wild shit (and his ego telling him he can get away with it).

I do think his life would drastically improve if he never had a drink again, but it's still just in his nature to act like an idiot. He would just find something else sketchy to partake in.

4. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

he'll be back on his bullshit again where he tries to convince us all he's a changed man

333 GANG likes this.
  5. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yeah, being an alcoholic also involves 'alcoholic behavior'. Alcoholics are insanely self-centered. So basically they do what they want when they want because they want to, it doesn't matter if it's right or wrong. That's Jon in a nutshell.

Having a massive ego like he has makes it such a dangerous combination of factors.

6. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

You know, I have a friend who reminds me a lot of Jones (and said friend was just sentenced to years in prison FYI). He was always a funny, charismatic, confident, etc. guy but had the worst impulse control I had ever seen. It was like when you were with him, the vibe could change in an instant. He would be loads of fun and then once drugs or alcohol came into play, you knew the situation was going to be borderline dangerous because of how reckless he was.

That reminds me of Jones to a tee - not so much an addiction to one particular substance but a continuous attraction to anything wild, reckless, crazy, dangerous, illegal, etc. He would outright say that he shouldn't do something or that it was a bad idea and he should just stay at home, but as soon as he was tempted with alcohol, drugs, women, strip clubs, guns, you name it...he was going to give in.

oldjersey likes this.
  7. angrycandy

Jones better be stripped of the title

333 GANG likes this.
  8. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

Just when I start to think MAYBE he has his shit together. This fuckin guy man... Its a damn shame he can't control himself.

9. angrycandy Mar 27, 2020
    (Last edited: Mar 27, 2020)
    angrycandy

10. angrycandy

man, I feel for him

hope he gets the help he needs

11. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

the gun tests are gunna come back negative for being used in any crimes so when pressed about it Dana will just say something basically like "most of the charges came back as fake news and he's dealing with the rest privately so... no we have no plans to strip him.

333 GANG and angrycandy like this.
  12. 333 GANG

ACAB

I don’t feel bad for him in the least. Some people are just inherently bad. Jones is one of those people.

13. angrycandy

he's a sociopathic piece of shit that I don't respect as a person in the slightest, I just hope he gets help so that other people aren't hurt as a result of his actions. it's obvious that something isn't quite right there

yeahrightdude likes this.
  14. -deleted-

-

He was asked not that long ago “Are you a good guy that portrays himself as bad guy, or are you a bad guy who’s trying to remain good?” and he chose latter pretty quickly.

15. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I can empathize for someone with substance abuse issues to a degree, but with someone like Jones who has been given so many chances and keeps fuckin up, his massive ego is driving him and I don't feel bad. I won't say fuck em but if any consequences occur (doubt it) I will feel pretty indiifferent about it. I could argue he hasn't straightened out because he hasn't faced enough consequences and won't straighten out until he does.

16. -deleted-

-

18. angrycandy

:-/

19. angrycandy

cursed fucking fight

20. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

Just cancel the card then. I was already uncomfortable with the whole thing in the midst of a pandemic but I was selfishly wanting it to happen because I want to see Tony and Khabib so bad.

21. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

yeah if it's not Tony Khabib there's no point. Just wait until it's all over and then have Tony/Khabib be the first fight back.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  22. angrycandy

yup, it's already tarnished

23. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Yeah I know these guys want to get paid and people are craving sports in their lives, but I’m good with canceling. Even beyond the safety and well being of the fighters and teams, there’s no way these guys have gotten adequate training recently. I don’t want to see Tony lose this title shot he’s deserved for four years because he’s underprepared.

24. Conor did say he’d train and be ready for when something went wrong with this fight. But I doubt he can leave Ireland.

25. 333 GANG

ACAB

Khabib/Tony will never happen