Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 374

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I feel like that division is on its last leg anyway because they're all leaving for orgs where there is more interest and money anyway. Honestly have no idea if Cejudo is going to have any interest in going back down there either so... If Joe loses and there's no champ, is there really even a division anymore? No disrespect to the rest of the guys, but there's not exactly a crazy amount of interest.

2. -deleted-

-

As I’m sure everyone knows, Benavidez is the only one eligible for the title tomorrow after his opponent who’s name is slipping me missed weight by 2.5 lbs.

3. MikeERayner

Trusted

Oof Megan!

4. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Megan doing a shoey lol hell yeah!

Analog Drummer likes this.
  5. MikeERayner

Trusted

yeahrightdude likes this.
  6. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

MikeERayner likes this.
  7. -deleted-

-

Wow who the fuck are these refs. That was an insanely dumb stoppage, and I don’t even like Ion.

8. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Holy shit

9. T.J.

music and baseball.

That was a terrible stop

10. -deleted-

-

Damn, one of the worst headbutts I think in the history of the UFC, and a vacant title. This sucks.

11. MikeERayner

Trusted

Yep. That sucks.

12. Say bye to that division probably

13. MikeERayner

Trusted

14. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Feel like this was the obvious outcome to be honest. The way the flyweight division has been, the missing weight, the way they basically marketed it as “watch joe finally get the belt”

Weird night.

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  15. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

Oh my god don’t interview the losers after a KO for god sake

Anthony_Soprano and MikeERayner like this.
  16. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Wild headbutt. I don't know, Joe looked outgunned to me. He got absolutely measured and blasted.

17. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Feel terrible for Joe, but he was diving in with his head down and swinging wild the whole fight so a gnarly headbutt didn’t surprise me. Still a shitty and anticlimactic end though.

18. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

I'll say this too, if you miss weight for a title fight it shouldn't go on. That's such a garbage rule.

19. MikeERayner

Trusted

Let’s call it a headCLASH. Headbutt makes it sound intentional.

20. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

You’re intentional

21. -deleted-

-

I just watched a great interview with Yoel on MMA Fighting. As long as he makes weight, I’m 100% rooting for him this weekend. Wouldn’t even be mad if he retired after doing so either. He’s been so impressive in his career that this would be an amazing curtain call for him, and I could only see Izzy becoming better with a humbling loss to him.

angrycandy likes this.
  22. -deleted-

-

Also on a rewatch, Whittaker’s loss to Izzy plays out almost nearly identical to Benavidez this past weekend. Throwing absolute bombs and coming on heavy (and also at times wreckless), got cracked at the end of the 1st, then continued into the second round the same way minus the head clash. He did land some solid shots throughout, but Izzy’s counters prevailed.

23. I have a feeling that Romero might blast Izzy this weekend lol

I know how good Izzy is but I just feel like Yoel is too big.

Anthony_Soprano and angrycandy like this.
  24. -deleted-

-

Not that he shouldn't feel confident with his record and skill, but I definitely don't think he's taking Yoel as seriously as he should.

25. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

one can only hope Yoel wins