Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 372

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. 333 GANG

ACAB

Jan is legit

2. MikeERayner

Trusted

Watching a replay of the AFS, getting loads of commercials for Hooker v Felder. Can’t wait. Let’s go Hangman! Considered flying across the ditch for it for a while actually.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  3. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Really didn't expect Jan to do that. If Reyes doesn't happen I'm cool with Jan getting a shot.

Tom, oldjersey, 333 GANG and 2 others like this.
  5. this fight + mandatory service really messed w his career arc :/

6. MikeERayner

Trusted

Valentina heading to Australia in June for 251. Surely Sydney PPV!

7. 333 GANG

ACAB

Had the pleasure of seeing this fight live. The energy in the building during was insane. What a war.

8. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

I remember watching this with my friends and noticing how loud the crowd was during those crazy exchanges. It's crowd reactions like that that make amazing fights that much more special.

333 GANG likes this.
  9. 333 GANG

ACAB

Absolutely! That whole card was something. On paper it was about as weak as PPVs come, especially after losing its planned headliner (DC/Rumble, if I recall correctly), but it turned out to be a super fun night of fights. Perfect example of why you shouldn’t really judge a card until it’s over haha

Tom likes this.
  10. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Crowd reactions make or break pro wrestling, when a crowd is hot or pops loud it turns things from good to fucking great.

Tom likes this.
  11. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Wish UFC tickets weren't so pricey. The worst seats to UFC in Portland are almost $100. May have to bite the bullet though since going to a UFC is on my bucket list. Just crazy since tickets to Takeover were literally third of the price.

12. rumble in sumo :crylaugh:

13. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

hope Hooker smashes him

MikeERayner likes this.
  14. MikeERayner

Trusted

Dan’s probably my fave fighter so I absolutely hope he gets the W. CKB 2-0 so far today!

15. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

What a fuckin fight.

16. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Idk how hookers face doesn't look like felders

17. -deleted-

-

Crazy turn around for Felder. I too was rooting for Hooker, but he’s made some great adjustments in the 3rd and 4th while still throwing with power and landing. Good fight, this 5th round will be interesting.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  18. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yeah I'm gaining a fuck ton of respect for Felder. Amazing composure and he hasn't slowed down a single step.

19. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Felder has to win this......

20. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Wow

21. -deleted-

-

I’m surprised as well but this is far less surprising of a decision than many we’ve seen lately. Don’t think Felder should hang it up but I get it.

22. MikeERayner

Trusted

Crazy to see some people call it a robbery. I wouldn’t have been upset if Felder got the nod, but glad he didn’t! What a fight. Shame we didn’t get Dan on the post fight show, but understandable!

Analog Drummer likes this.
  23. MikeERayner

Trusted

UFC251: Sydney

Alex v Max
    Valentina v JoJo
    Dan v Justin

GIMME GIMME GIMME

24. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

I had Felder winning but I might be bias since I’m from Philly and I gotta support the local guys. Either way it was a close one and a really fun fight.

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  25. Stipe and Francis both called out Fury lol

Let’s not do that