Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 365

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

I still think Conor needs another warm-up fight before going after Masvidal or Khabib

2. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

so this is what it's like when worlds collide :crylaugh:

Swoos likes this.
  3. I wonder if Conor was trying to break Masvidal’s KO record last night. He charged at Cowboy so hard right at the start.

angrycandy likes this.
  4. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

They 100% need to do Conor vs Jorge, but I have a strong feeling that the cursed Khabib/Tony fight gets canned again and Conor steps in to fight whichever guy is left. Ha.

It has to be tough being some of the guys at the top of the Lightweight division knowing that Conor being back means they’ll move every piece around for him if it comes down to it. Justin probably has no hope for a title shot this year.

5. I’m sure Dana wants Conor Khabib 2 because of the money but I think Jorge would bring just as many buys. And it really sounds like Conor wants to pursue 170 a bit more before going back to 155. I think he wants Jorge. Then if he wins he wants Usman.

6. I don’t think Usman ever gets that fight.

Usman is a horrible horrible horrible matchup for Conor.

7. I don’t disagree with Conor wants that belt. Maybe he waits to see if someone beats Usman so he can win it against someone else haha

8. I still think the biggest thing they can do is hope Jorge can defeat Usman for the title.

Then run Conor vs Jorge. Jorge is a much better matchup for Conor. Some of the other 170lb guys are just too big. Usman and Woodley easily cut from 200lbs and are both incredible wrestlers.

Masvidal will stand all day with Conor.

Swoos likes this.
  9. Yeah and I think that’s why Dana is probably pushing for Jorge v Usman. But Conor will want to fight before that. What other 170 guy could he face as a “tune up”?

10. I guess there’s Wonderboy and Nate lol

11. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Masvidal is the biggest money fight, so everyone should push to set that up first.

Nate is probably the easiest fight, and I think McGregor washes him fairly quickly, so that's not a bad option.

Really, anything to keep him away from Khabib/Usman.

llllllllllllllll likes this.
  12. 333 GANG

ACAB

I don't believe Masvidal is a bigger money fight than a Khabib rematch.

13. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Maybe, maybe not. Masvidal is a massive star now. Definitely a more winnable fight.

14. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I'd put him against Jorge, then when Tony beats Khabib he can fight Tony for the belt.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  15. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

This is why putting Conor against Cowboy was a smart move. Obviously that style match up was tailor-made for him, but it helped him get a win at Welterweight against what is really a Lightweight. He basically propped himself up in either division without actually having to face a true Welterweight. Tyron, Usman, Colby, Edwards, Maia.....even Wonderboy, most likely. Those would all be toughs wins for him.

17. 333 GANG

ACAB

Fight Gaethje at 155 where that fight belongs.

18. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

Yeah forcing Gaethje to 170 is stupid. Masvidal vs Conor would be a huge money fight for the UFC. Masvidal became a star in 5 seconds, and now many casuals and people who typically dont watch MMA know his name. Him vs Conor would make the UFC a fuck ton of money.

19. -deleted-

-

And just like that, McGregor gets himself another notch on the shitlist calling Trump the “greatest president of all time” and saying it was “no easy feet.”

That typo is not a misquote.

333 GANG likes this.
  20. Between the sexual assault allegations, punching an old man, coke benders, etc etc etc

that tweet probably wouldn’t even crack the top 50 of worst things he’s said or done tbh

21. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I legitimately thought he got hacked like Karamu whenever I first saw that.

22. 333 GANG

ACAB

No surprise. Conor and Trump are two peas in a pod.

23. Where’d he post that?

24. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

He replied directly to a Trump tweet lol

25. -deleted-

-