Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 364

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Worse than the 2015 royal rumble?!?!?

2. yeahrightdude

Trusted Prestigious

He did it 8 seconds quicker than Gaethje lol

angrycandy likes this.
  3. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Drew WORSE THAN DECEMBER TO DISMEMBER

Drew Beringer likes this.
  4. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

Gaethje says he wants the fight but he'd probably turn it down as he's known to do

slowheart likes this.
  5. I think a lot of people got into the mindset that Conor was pretty washed after the Khabib fight tbh which is dumb.

And I’m not sure why. Tony is literally the ONLY hope for that division.

Testament to how ridiculously good Khabib is.

Analog Drummer and angrycandy like this.
  6. angrycandy

right now Chael is somewhere scrambling to make eight videos about the fight

SpyKi likes this.
  7. LMFAOOOO

angrycandy likes this.
  8. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

You know, I called that exact thing happening and I’m still somehow let down by Cowboy’s performance. He looked like he wanted out and was mentally beaten before the bell sounded.

Obviously I realize Conor’s performance was picture perfect, but Donald was so determined to stall and hangout in the clinch where he thought he was safe, making 0 adjustments when Conor was lunging his body at him. Then the way he turtled up against the cage had me shaking my head.

9. Please no

angrycandy likes this.
  10. I hate that because we know Dana is starting a boxing thing this year

11. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I felt like an armchair quarterback tonight but some of the decisions tonight were baffling.

Raquel was getting beaten in the clinch the entire fight, so what does she do in the third? Initiate the clinch a half a dozen times. Green barely survives the grappling with Oleinik in round one and starts to tear him up on the feet...what’s he do next? Back straight up against the cage to welcome a clinch.

Like, I know I’m not the one in there, but I just don’t understand how they would ever expect to win while playing a losing game like that. So frustrating.

12. angrycandy

I don't think Dana will do that because he doesn't need his biggest star most certainly losing another fight, even if it is boxing

13. I would rather watch Felder vs Conor

angrycandy likes this.
  14. chris-wrecker

Trusted

Fuck man. This post fight presser with Holm...she sounds so punch drunk. I don’t know if I haven’t listened to much of her interviews but it’s pretty extreme

15. Was Dana up already?

16. chris-wrecker

Trusted

Been watching on and off but I don’t think so

17. MikeERayner

Trusted

Pennington‘s corner is so bad. First the stuff with the Nunes fight and now tonight telling her not respect Holly’s power.

18. angrycandy

Dana is on rn

19. angrycandy

Conor won so the two narratives we're gonna hear are the fight was fixed and that Cowboy is washed

both are already annoying af

Analog Drummer likes this.
  20. Welp. Conor/Khabib or Tony it is

21. Dana confirmed the UFC is doing something with Floyd

22. There’s no point in doing Conor Floyd if it’s the same rules. Go to 4oz gloves and/or allow clinching. Otherwise it’s a waste of time.

23. Jorge Usman according to Dana

yeahrightdude likes this.
  24. lol imagine getting a LW title fight after winning at 170 *eye roll*

25. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Meltzer always gauges buy rate early on by Google searches. McGregor had 10 million searches yesterday which is massive. Will be interesting what the buy rate through the ESPN paywall stuff will be. Obviously the biggest ESPN PPV yet though.