Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 351

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. “i had an injury”

2. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Izzy was on Rogan. Great interview, I believe he is my favorite fighter at the moment. For sure.

Tom likes this.
  3. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

Entertaining fighting style, great on the mic and he seems like a real genuinely nice guy. He's got everything a fighter needs to be likable to casuals and hardcores alike.

oldjersey likes this.
  4. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yup, definitely has that 'it' factor. It doesn't happen often but certain guys/gals in this sport just have this energy about them that radiates and just says IM A STAR. Sure you have to do some winning to get that energy but theres something else unexplainable about it. DJ won more than anyone but completely lacked that 'it' factor. I guess it all begins with social skills and personality.

Tom likes this.
  6. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Frankie debuting against Sandhagen too. Going to be a hot one.

7. Ross Pearson got knocked out by a fucking rolling thunder kick

8. 333 GANG

ACAB

Tom likes this.
  9. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Not surprised, good for him. Wish he would have been in the UFC 7 years ago, but what a career.

10. Tom

It’s a shame his UFC career didn’t go as planned but I’m glad he’s keeping his legacy and impressive record and stepping away. Nothing is worse than seeing a former top guy keep trying and trying to get a win just to add 5 or more consecutive loses onto their record.

11. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I just caught the tail end of his interview with Ariel. Did he mention something earlier about having hip surgery or something like that?

12. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

13. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Romero is so funny to listen to. He tried his hardest to get through the interview with Ariel in English, but basically said over the course of 20 minutes that he feels like Israel is calling him out because he knows he's the real champ.... and then said "See you soon...........boi".

oldjersey and Tom like this.
  14. Tom

The best was when Joey Diaz translated for him on Rogan

slowheart likes this.

16. ughhhhhhh

17. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Another MVP fight where his opponent goes in there looking absolutely clueless from the start. Haha.

Tom likes this.
  18. Brendan Schaub said he thinks they are trying to do Conor/Cerrone and Masvidal/Nick for 246

19. So they still haven't announced any fights for 246 in January. It has to be Conor v Cerrone right? That fight won't need much marketing time and they can put whoever else on it and its still huge. But if that falls through it could be a really bad card with nothing on it at all right now.

20. 100% gonna be Conor vs Cowboy. Rest of the card will fill out pretty quick after that. I’m sure lots of people will be begging to be on that card.

I’d like to see Francis on the card against someone. He’s been asking for a fight

21. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Uhhhh pretty sure I just saw Dana announced Khabib/Tony in april FUCK YEAH

22. 333 GANG

ACAB

I refuse to get excited for that fight until the cage door closes

Anthony_Soprano, Tom and oldjersey like this.
  23. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

wish it was closer but its just in time for my birthday! hope it happens.

24. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

IF this fight doesn't happen this time I think they should make it illegal to ever book it again just for the safety of both parties involved.

25. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Bored at work (I have a ton to do) so looked up some classic UFC fights, just watched Hughes/Trigg II at UFC 52.

Wow.