Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

MMA/UFC Discussion Thread MMA • Page 340

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Reyes is an interesting fight for Jones, I think.

Hoping Jacare doesn’t get the same 205 treatment as Luke and Chris

2. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

How’s Weidman going to watch Luke go up to LHW, ignore his opponent and call out Jon Jones, only to get KO’ed....and then start following in his footsteps? Haha I knew that was coming once all of the articles talking about Weidman/Jones started popping up.

Reyes is a stud though. I think he gives Jon a great fight.

3. Imagine being told a few years ago that

Smith, Santos, Weidman and Rockhold will all move up a weight class and the two former champs in that group get absolutely smashed while the journeymen fight for the title

Victor Eremita likes this.
  5. ehhh, if he received permission, especially from the commission, it should stand as a win.

6. currytheword

Trusted

Dana even said it was a stupid move. There is none of that allowed. Not in this ring or any other. He, and his team, should’ve been aware. Asking at the time of cornering in a timed window of opportunity is a nice way of passing the bill and playing the naivety card. Some 101 level shit and I have the perfect solution.

Stop. Booking. Greg. Hardy.

Clearly an amateur brawler with little real knowledge or respect of the sport. Picked up solely for being controversial, and will be a black mark on this period of MMA.

7. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

This is the second time Hardy has done something a total clueless amateur would do to take a win away from him.

currytheword likes this.
  8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

this is cute

9. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I loved that moment immediately after the Reyes fight when DC was advocating that Reyes should fight Jones next. He said “Look, it makes sense. He just had an impressive short fight, and he’s healthy. And Jones is free....of his last court appearance or whatever.” You knew he was going to take any opportunity to throw in a dig at Jones, and Dom was trying so hard not to burst into laughter. So funny.

oldjersey, yeahrightdude and 333 GANG like this.
  10. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Looks like JDS is out of his fight with Volkov in a few weeks and Ngannou is offering to step in. What a guy. Maybe he figures they're going to do DC/Stipe III so he might as well get paid in the meantime.

Also, how did I not realize Aldo was trying to move down to 135? Never would have thought Jose would be more serious about moving down than Frankie after all these years.

currytheword likes this.
  11. currytheword

Trusted

I like Volkov but Ngannou would take that I think.

Also, TJ advertising a company in my Instagram feed called Clean Juice.

[​IMG]

Almost too easy to poke fun at.

12. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Definitely feel for JDS. I got cellulitis before from BJJ and I can't imagine it getting to the point where you have to be in the hospital that long. Hope he heals up.

13. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

upload_2019-10-22_15-13-13.png

14. Volkov is going to kill him

333 GANG and currytheword like this.
  15. I also hate this because if he wins (and because it’s at heavyweight, he can land and KO him) hes going to get pushed even more

16. holy shit lol

17. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Gah. I hate that they keep pushing this guy. I want him to lose, but not in a way that makes me want to tune in for it. More like....I want him to look so boring and unimpressive in a loss that he quits getting these main card/main event slots.

18. currytheword

Trusted

Eye rolling at Hardy getting another main card spot after two big fuck ups. However, if expectations serve us well, Volkov will be smart and let Hardy gas himself early and then use his height and reach to pick him apart.

19. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

this is my favorite video :crylaugh:

20. mother of fucking god

21. currytheword

Trusted

Hell YES. Let’s go Moraes! Excited to see him back.

yeahrightdude likes this.
  22. 333 GANG

ACAB

currytheword and slowheart like this.
  23. MikeERayner

Trusted

Man, that 245 card is looking goooood!

Steve_JustAGuy likes this.
  24. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Yeah 3 title fights, also/Moraes and Faber/Yan is an amazing main card. Between that and 244 we got two of the best cards all year coming up.

MikeERayner likes this.